Real hires for GTA2

Anything to do with GTA1/GTA2 modding (tools, scripts and more).
hifi
Ped
Ped
GH nick: hifi

Real hires for GTA2

Post by hifi »

I got really claustrophobic with the default camera and fiddled with it a bit to get 1080p rendering working almost perfectly. I also disabled hud scaling because it looks awful.

The hud needs automatic repositioning but the biggest issue left is to change the distance peds and cars start appearing when running around. When driving the distance is altered and they spawn quite a bit earlier so it's probably easily tweakable as well. It's very playable, though.

Thoughts? Probably not for multiplayer?

Sektor
Boss
Boss
GH nick: Sektor

Re: Real hires for GTA2

Post by Sektor »

Nice. How'd you do it? Is it glitching at the bottom? Are the talking heads or any mission/chat text cutoff?
hifi
Ped
Ped
GH nick: hifi

Post by hifi »

Yeah it's glitching a little in the bottom, probably fixable. All 2D elements, including subtitles and the talking head would in this setup be constrained in the 640x480 area in the top left corner. It should be easy to reposition them and possibly configure custom scaling factor (2x would probably look nice in 1080p). The dynamic gameplay elements I'm worried about how to make them work from farther away.

If this works out the modifications can be incorporated to vike's patch if wanted.
Vike the Hube
Hitman
Hitman
GH nick: vike

Post by Vike the Hube »

Definitely wanted :) Nice work!

For multiplayer we'd have to enforce a global view area size so everyone could see the same amount. But not impossible.

Incidentally we should set up an instance of your patch framework so I can slowly port my fixes over to it...
Cuban-Pete
Immortal
GH nick: Cuban-Pete

Post by Cuban-Pete »

Awesome! [sm-kiss] [sm-78]
"Mmmm, your eyes are so beautiful."
Cuban-Pete
Immortal
GH nick: Cuban-Pete

Post by Cuban-Pete »

hifi? You still there? Still working on it? Any updates? :)
"Mmmm, your eyes are so beautiful."