Maps for begginers

Anything to do with GTA1/GTA2 that isn't covered by the other forums
Razor
Lunatic
Lunatic
GH nick: Razor, R

Maps for begginers

Post by Razor »

Hello, im going to host some retro lan party and want to show people GTA2. But i know it i have tought crowd that can be bored easyly. So i gently ask you my fellow commrades to tell which maps you consider funnies, most endertaining and easy for begginers. I'd like to bet on variety and small maps so you dont have to waste half of a time for searching each others (races and other funny modes are welcome).
Sektor
Boss
Boss
GH nick: Sektor

Re: Maps for begginers

Post by Sektor »

CoolBaseTrains
Rocket Wars
MultiSlayer Ghetto
BenMillard
Immortal
GH nick: BenMillard

Re: Maps for begginers

Post by BenMillard »

Arena maps keep the action going. How many players do you expect? Rockets have long range and with 6 players you can be fighting over a big area.

If you want action-packed co-operative play, give my Army Base Assault a go! "Dr LaBrat has hired you to infiltrate the Army’s secret facility. Fight veteran grenadiers, several tanks and endless platoons of trigger-happy infantry."

The original levels don't give much ammo - you respawn with only your fists - plus they are quite large for 2, 3 or even 4 player games. So I made Tiny Arena versions of the original multiplayer maps.

You respawn on a maximum ammo weapon. Only decent weapons are included. The area is smaller, sometimes much smaller: in the case of Tiny³ Arena you can easily run around the whole thing for the whole game! I also tried to make them more decorative than the originals, using more of the textures that are available.

There is an epic demolition derby map by Heri and Razor which I saw Kamil play on YouTube recently. Choose any car each time you respawn and try to destroy the other players!

More advanced modes might be popular the next time you play! Or if people learn fast...

Sektor recommended MultiSlayer Ghetto, thanks! There are lots of other MultiSlayer Arenas and modes as well as the full city. It's not that big a city, similar to Face Off but the fast roads and high proportion of sports cars make it feel more compact. (It's based on Miami aka Vice City from GTA1.) It also includes quite a long street race with a few different cars that are good to drive.

For more serious racing (as far as that's possible in GTA2) you could try Macau, Monaco & Suzuka Race which also includes an Indy 500 style square speedway around the outside. You will need to organise the racing and drive to the other tracks yourself - the pit lane is set up for Macau.