On points for convenience:
City Paint v1.0
I tried again to test the map editor. Opened the tstd.cmp map in City Paint and saved it under the same name, without changing anything on the map, the game started. If you save the map through the "Save As" menu, the weight of the map increases to ~10408kb even with the "Compress" checkmark. For example, the original tstd.cmp file weighs only ~57kb. It is only noticeable if you click "Save" again, the weight of the map decreases (I have decreased to ~57kb).
When adding new objects in the editor, a red square is drawn with the inscription "Unknown Vehicle" instead of a sprite. When you go to the editor, instead of the added transport, yellow squares. When entering the game, a fatal crash occurs.
TDC Car Creator build 090818
At the expense of points for cutting doors. I meant the possibility of changing the size points of the doors. I also recommend adding a dummy center for turning the doors (on the screen this is a blue square). Screen:
Regarding the editing of the conflict. I meant changing the length, width and height for the collision model which is now indicated in game.sqlite3 in the vehicles table in the parameters: col_width, col_length, col_height, col_offset_y. It would be more convenient to edit it as in your editor for STY Editor for GTA 2. Example on the screen:
Scripts / API
Regarding script examples. There are not enough examples in folders with *.JS scripts. We need a sheet listing the API and with a brief explanation of the arguments so that every script writer who wants to write a mod can understand what the function is for. For example, I need a function to change the color of car, but I did not find it in the examples. Also, I would like to create a transport with a constant color so that it does not change when entering the game and again see where no function. It will be useful for this if you publish a list of basic functions, at least in a text file without detailed explanations.
Code: Select all
new car = Vehicle (namecar, x, y, z, rotation); // Creates a car at the specified coordinates. Returns a car object.
playerid.GiveWeapon (gunname, ammo); // Gives the ammo weapon to the player, where playerid is the player’s object.
A minimal list of basic functions is enough.
New suggestions. Based on the 2018 TDC version:
1. Add a parameter to the game.sqlite3 database which will show the car models attached to the name of the map and default map (this transport will spawn on all maps without indicating the name). I have custom models and I want to use only them. In order not to delete everything from vehicles, it would be more convenient to add the names of models to the list and indicate the name of the map on which they will drive.
2. Add a parameter to the vehicles table with the color numbers that the transport will use. For example, I have a special car and it uses only one color.
3. Correct the effect of the "Molotov Cocktail". Now he works is strange. After the explosion, the flame moves in the direction of the player, as if it were a bullet. I want the effect of the Molotov explosion not to move, and the ground beneath it would burn for a while and leave a black mark.
4. Correct the behavior of bullets in a weapon that shoots more than 1. For example, all shotgun bullets are now flying along one path to the center instead of scattering around (in the form of a cone).
5. Add blood stains from killed ped.
6. Add the drop parameter for the killed characters. In which it will be possible to fall out of ped: weapon, money.
7. Need a particle system editor with current flags. I would like to change the parameters, seeing how the effect changes with a preview (in real time).
8. Add a parameter so that you can set the sound from bullets hitting objects, for example, a different metal sound from hitting a car.
P.S.: If possible, I will attach the log with random drops after the TDC update is released in order to maintain current information.
I have news updates regarding the use of City Paint v1.0.
If you only change the landscape, remove / add surfaces and change textures, and DO NOT add new objects, the game starts, but if you add an object and save the map, the game crashes. For this crash, I attached the logs above.
When changing only the landscape, I was able to find out that the editor does not work with collisions. There is not any visual display of the "physical" walls, but when you start the game they are. In the editor, collisions of existing walls are not deleted (only textures are deleted). The "Delete" button and the "Air" flag do not help to remove the collision of the wall.
In parallel with this test, suggestions appeared to improve the editor’s convenience:
1. In tool bars, I want to have a list with all the dynamic objects added to the map. Example: a separate Objects List window, and in it a list of object names and their parameters: coordinates, angles, flags.
2. We need a tool to enable visual display of collisions and settings. For example, setting a flag for the fence through which bullets will fly, but the player cannot pass. It is also necessary to remove old and install new physical walls.
3. The pencil should draw continuously on the tile, if held on the surface holding the "left mouse button". Since drawing on 1 tile takes a lot of time.
4. Add the Bucket tool to fill the textures with the same ID. This will speed up the routine replacement of materials many times over.