ReactOS on the xbox1

This is mostly just for posting my unofficial ports of open source games to consoles. Talk about console and retro computer homebrew here (NDS, PSP, Wii, C64, Apple IIe etc).
elypter
Immortal
GH nick: elypter

ReactOS on the xbox1

Post by elypter »

there is ReactOS.
and there is the Xbox 1.
long time ago it was possible to run reactos on a xbox, but only without usb support and in newer versions not anymore.

i think this could have an advantage for the xbox: reviving an old system, and for ReactOS: a first real application field where are no alternatives.

There are voices that want to revive it.
http://www.reactos.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 488c8e0cd4

What it has to do with gta2?
-if implemented well, gta2 will run without problems.
-gta2 is good for use with gamepads
-gta2 is well playable with low resolutions.
-gta2 still has an active community
-gta2 runs on wine and probably on ReactOS(haven't tried it yet)

so what do you think of it?
yur sa'nok ngeyä
Sektor
Boss
Boss
GH nick: Sektor

Re: ReactOS on the xbox1

Post by Sektor »

Heh didn't think anyone else would use this forum. It was just for storing my console ports and reviews.
Cuban-Pete
Immortal
GH nick: Cuban-Pete

Post by Cuban-Pete »

Never heard of it and I don't have a console (except an old SNES and borrowing Wii from a friend).

Still looks cool thought, a (whole) OS on a console... :)
"Mmmm, your eyes are so beautiful."
elypter
Immortal
GH nick: elypter

Post by elypter »

actually there are some linux distros that run on the xbox (like for all consoles of that generation or higher) but it has too much overhead. the xbox only has 64mb ram. thats not very much for linux, wine and a game. Anyhow, i was able to play need for speed 2 on that gentoo. it was even playable ;P . And besides that there were many applications and games developed for xbox. Probably the best one is xbmc which is still being developed and also runs on windows linux and osx now. this turns the xbox into a superior media center.
yur sa'nok ngeyä