:(

Talk about anything here that isn't related to the other topics.
AssainGuy
Hitman
Hitman
GH nick: AssainGuy

:(

Post by AssainGuy »

I've made a map on Nazi Zombie Portable forums, people liked it - Abandoned the site
I've got to be a regional moderator at alterrevolution - I went afk for almost a month!
I've left this site then announced that I'm back then I've left again!

Guys, the back story is that I became an Xbox 360 player and a writer on Gamersyndrome. Since It's more fun for me to play than to develop at the moment, I keep playing Black Ops, Bad Company 2, you know usual crap.

I've lost all the files and the developing knowledge that is necessary for GTA2 modding.

The thing is that I've got enough GTA2 for a long while, but I keep thinking back every day because this is an awesome community that I've left unannounced twice. I was one of the youngest active GTA2 players out here, then BAM! I've got an Xbox and I kept playing at all time. I've even woke up in the middle of the night for some quiet play before school.

I've took a look at the latest posts' dates, THIS SITE IS BETTER NOT BE DEAD! There are not much activity, but why?!
I miss you guys! D:

..Well i doubt you still remember me except for Ben and Elypter, but had to say it...
i come here sometimes
Software Development / Audio Engineering
BenMillard
Immortal
GH nick: BenMillard

Re: :(

Post by BenMillard »

Hopefully you've learnt about external backups and why patience is a virtue. :-)

Elypter probably has the most recent versions of everything you released. The knowledge and tools are all online.

Variety is the spice of life, especially when half your day is spent at school.
Pyro
Immortal
GH nick: Pyro

Post by Pyro »

We all take breaks from things like this at times, I for one took a 'break' of about 5 years before and currently I haven't done much GTA2 stuff for a few months now, just don't feel inspired to right now but I know that'll change.

Like Ben said, there are loads of scripting, mapping tutorials and all the programs are available too that you can get back easily enough if you decide to come back in future. Like you noticed, there aren't many people that still create maps and scripts for GTA2 these days. and not all of them even use this forum so that's why it can sometimes be a bit quiet around here.

And yes, I do remember you, but good luck in the future regardless :)
AssainGuy
Hitman
Hitman
GH nick: AssainGuy

Post by AssainGuy »

I am actually planning to make some test maps with some scripts. I'd like to make a zombie survival map (because i'm into zombies so much), it's pretty much possible. I'll just put down some dummy spawners, make them to follow and attack the player at any cost, so they will come at the player endlessly just like zombies!

Would you like to see something like this? I don't think that much mappers have thought about this idea!
The idea is to replace pretty much everything with cod zombies content. For example a sentence like "get owar heerae!" will be replaced with zombie sounds. I'll make an area with hidden guns, vehicles, zombies, coop stuff, etc.

Maybe I'll do it now. Zomg
i come here sometimes
Software Development / Audio Engineering
BenMillard
Immortal
GH nick: BenMillard

Post by BenMillard »

Many people have thought of zombie maps but nobody made one and released it, AFAIK.

I thought of turning Mad Island into a kind of survival test but with randomly armed PSYCHO peds. Another idea many people had but nobody made.

These levels might exist somewhere but I never see them getting played. Good luck with it!

You might look for GTA4 multiplayer videos on YouTube for a mode called "Zombie Rush". If you use AI characters, maybe give them slightly slower running speed than the player.
elypter
Immortal
GH nick: elypter

Post by elypter »

http://gta2dare.omnitude.net/maplist/li ... zombies.7z
zombie script for residential

http://gta2dare.omnitude.net/maplist/li ... =bc_cop.7z
by Gustavob and me but unfinished. own tiles and scripted zombies that protect the exit

http://gta2dare.square7.ch/dump/Zombie% ... rface).rar
and one which has not been released/completed yet. i haven't seen that guy for about a year. although it's rather a test map it already has a nice pay for weapons system
yur sa'nok ngeyä
Pyro
Immortal
GH nick: Pyro

Post by Pyro »

The only zombie maps I know are the first two that elypter linked in the last post.

I've thought about such zombie maps for a long time but never liked the options to do them mainly because of:
  • If you make a zombie 'gang', only four (4) gang members on-screen will try and chase you and the rest will not do anything or run away if you fire a gun.
  • Always been a fan of 'slow' zombies, but gang members will just run straight at you. Scripted characters seem to ignore the SET_CHAR_MAX_RUNSPEED command.
Other than that, if anyone remembers the game Resident Evil 3 and its bonus game mode 'The Mercenaries - Operation Mad Jackal' it was basically about picking a character (each one had different loadout) and you had a fixed amount of time to get to the warehouse at the end to 'win'.

It also gave you extra time for any zombies you killed with bigger time bonuses for combos and dodging the big guy (Nemesis) as well as bonus time for rescuing people. I've always wanted to try that but I don't think it'd work well in multiplayer because of the count-down timer (though, has anyone tried using the FINISH_LEVEL in multiplayer to force an end?) but I may give it another shot one day. 8-)