Directory Opus 10 has been released

Talk about anything here that isn't related to the other topics.
elypter
Immortal
GH nick: elypter

Directory Opus 10 has been released

Post by elypter »

http://www.gpsoft.com.au/
many new features. especially the 7zip integration and the file operation queue are nice.
for those who do not know, it's by far the best file manager, even way better than everything on linux. place 1 on the list of software i couldn't miss.

here an image of my layout: left vikes ftp(filtered to only show pngs), right my gta2 edit folder.

link removed
Last edited by elypter on 07 May 2011, 11:10, edited 3 times in total.
yur sa'nok ngeyä
Sektor
Boss
Boss
GH nick: Sektor

Re: Directory Opus 10 has been released

Post by Sektor »

Does it let you ignore the "this folder is shared with other people" message? I hate how Windows 7 asks me every single time I try to move a "shared" folder and I can't say yes to all.
elypter
Immortal

Post by elypter »

it never happened to me that i moved many folders. i just tried and found out that dopus doesn't care about whether a folder is shared or not. Not the perfect way either but at least there are no annoying messages. In general you can run a copy process unattended, so it continues and lets you treat the errors later.
yur sa'nok ngeyä
B-$hep
Immortal
GH nick: B-Shep

Post by B-$hep »

I always wonder why people use the other file commanders and things and not that Explorer Windows has.

Do the other apps really make computer usage (file handling, etc) easier and faster?
Or what's the reason?

Russian people use a lot Total Commander and stuff.

Always wondered, why, isn't Explorer enough? Simple and logical.
Or maybe it's just for me and just me who likes original Microsoft applications.

I looked at the screenshots, looks very complex for me.
Always wear safety glasses while programming.
elypter
Immortal

Post by elypter »

you're right it looks very complex but thats thats because its the layout that i made for myself. it is highly customizable and you can make it look and behave like the windows explorer too if you want.
There are some mayor features like FTP,Zip,Tabs,Mass file renamer and full windows integration but the most important things are the 1000s of small improvements that you wouldn't want to miss after you used them once. example: "*"allows to filter the folder content instantly so for example if you search for a specific file in the gta2/data folder it only takes 1 sec to find it. I made me a button to start a command promt in the current folder and i made me a button that copys the the http link of a ftp file to clipboard. especially useful with the possibility to paste image date from clipboard directly to a file.

btw: i wouldn't use total commander. its total crap compared to dopus. usually i don't like things like ftp and zip compatibility in filebrowsers because they were never good enough that you dont have to have seperate programms for that too but dopus does its job very well.

2 other screenshots:

simple window:
settings window with search function for settings in action:

and here are the one from the official site:
http://www.gpsoft.com.au/program/screenshots.html
yur sa'nok ngeyä
B-$hep
Immortal
GH nick: B-Shep

Post by B-$hep »

May i should try it and then it may not look so complex.
If it makes work on PC easier and even saves time then it's only positive.
Always wear safety glasses while programming.
BenMillard
Immortal
GH nick: BenMillard

Post by BenMillard »

B-$hep wrote:Always wondered, why, isn't Explorer enough? Simple and logical.
Or maybe it's just for me and just me who likes original Microsoft applications.
I'm also a fan of those Microsoft applications! They are the ones which used Microsoft's expertise and guidelines intelligently. Many 3rd party applications could learn from them.

Firefox (and web browsers in generaly) are just getting weirder every year. Even for superusers like us. The whole point of Firefox was to escape from the weirdness of the Mozilla Suite GUI. :cry:
elypter
Immortal

Post by elypter »

Ok, it seems that any further discussion seems useless now. If anybody wants my Dopus profile i can export it for you. I refined it a bit yesterday with the update. Of cause this is an advanced setup. I don't have a button for copy move or simple rename. I do that by keyboard or right click anyway. Instead i have some advanced buttons like file comparing, run cmd, ...
if you use your pc only for playing gta and browsing your digi cam photos you dont need it. Same as that you don't need a web browser with tabs when you only know one website ;)
yur sa'nok ngeyä
Salamander
Janitor
Janitor
GH nick: Salamander
KingSalamander
Sally
[00]

Post by Salamander »

[respect] DOpus is TEH SHITZLE! [respect]
B-$hep or something like that wrote:Do the other apps really make computer usage (file handling, etc) easier and faster?
(...)
Always wondered, why, isn't Explorer enough? Simple and logical.
MUCH faster, and much less hassle. Explorer is very limited and lacks ridiculously simple features. DOpus makes file handling much easier too. You obviously must learn to use a fork to enjoy the benefits of not burning your fingers on hot food.
Anyone clever enough to figure out DOpus has no excuse not to fall in love with it after using it for a day or two. It can completely replace explorer, so you just double-click anywhere on your desktop to launch it.
BenMillard wrote:I'm also a fan of those Microsoft applications! They are the ones which used Microsoft's expertise and guidelines intelligently. Many 3rd party applications could learn from them.
I thought you were being sarcastic, until I realized you were not, at which point I facepalm'd... in my mind.