Street Rod

Talk about anything here that isn't related to the other topics.
Cuban-Pete
Immortal
GH nick: Cuban-Pete

Street Rod

Post by Cuban-Pete »

Did anybody play this game a long time ago? :D

There is also a Street Rod 2, but I never really played that seriously or as I did in the old days.

I remember when the cops went after me during pink slip while playing this game in the dark on a small room. Nothing can take away that old feeling. ;)

Here are some screens I made:
Attachments
0008.png
0008.png (5.79 KiB) Viewed 5033 times
0010.png
0010.png (4.49 KiB) Viewed 5033 times
0004.png
0004.png (5.38 KiB) Viewed 5033 times
0000.png
0000.png (7.59 KiB) Viewed 5033 times
"Mmmm, your eyes are so beautiful."
Sektor
Boss
Boss
GH nick: Sektor

Re: Street Rod

Post by Sektor »

I played both of them a lot. One of those games where the customizing and figuring out the best way to tweak the car was more fun than the racing. I remember winning the drag races easily after upgrading my car but the races with turns were really difficult when I was young. They were actually easier/slower on my XT than on my 386.
Cuban-Pete
Immortal
GH nick: Cuban-Pete

Re: Street Rod

Post by Cuban-Pete »

Yeah, customizing was most of the fun and, when I won a pink slip, it meant lots of new stuff to figure out and of course money to buy parts.

What helped was chopping the roof, removing bumpers, manual transmission and of course tuning. :)

Part II also has stuff with muffler, differential and exhausts. I have no idea what exact effect they have. Removing muffler gave car strange sound. Perhaps differential with smaller number gives faster acceleration, but lower top speed. High differential number will give opposite. :)
"Mmmm, your eyes are so beautiful."