Mark all messages as Read?

Discussion about the website and the forum goes here.
BenMillard
Immortal
GH nick: BenMillard

Mark all messages as Read?

Post by BenMillard »

On the homepage of this forum several categories always show themselves as having new messages. But they don't. They contain old messages which I chose not to read because I'm interested in what the topic was about.

Most forums imply old Unread messages are Read, since you clearly aren't interested in them any more. Including some phpBB forums I use. Can that be set up here as well?

If that cannot be done, some phpBB forums have a "Mark all forums as read" link. Could that be turned on? It's less elegant than having old messages expire automatically. Either way, at least the icons would only light up when genuinely new messages were added!
Sektor
Boss
Boss
GH nick: Sektor

Re: Mark all messages as Read?

Post by Sektor »

There is a "Mark forums read" link that appears on the top right when you are looking at forums and not a specific thread.
UzeN
Jaywalker
Jaywalker
GH nick: _E_UzeN !! ;]

Post by UzeN »

Good to know thanks ;)
UzeN GTA2
2005-2010 > R.I.P. > Dzięki za chwile, spędzone przy tej grze. Narazie wam, było super.
I SP GTA2 & ZT2010 :).
BenMillard
Immortal

Post by BenMillard »

Oh yeah, within that faint blue bar! Thanks for pointing it out. Can that be enabled on the main forum listing, so I can do it for all the categories at a single click?

It's far less convenient than messages expiring automatically, like all other forums I've visited do. If an area, topic or message is lit up when I visit, it should not still be lit up the next time I visit. If I chose not to look at that specific message when it was lit up then it clearly isn't interesting to me. :!:
BenMillard
Immortal

Post by BenMillard »

I notice the ProSilver theme provides a Mark forums read link at the top-right of the forum homepage.