Take in the view from any of the five new apartments in The High Life Update.
• The time until multiplayer matches start has been reduced
• The XP of all players is now shown in the multiplayer lobby
• You can now easily send friend requests to people in the current room
• Fixed several bugs that meant players joining an existing match would sometimes end up in an invalid state
• Fixed a bug where the multiplayer results could sometimes disagree between two devices
• Fixed a bug that stopped the phone boxes ringing in rampage mode
• Various other tweaks and bug fixes
If you haven't already, you can download the game for free here:
- A new Lester ability has been added. Players will now be able to call Lester to have him tell his Cop buddies to turn a blind eye to any crime you may or may not be committing for a short period of time.
- Players are now awarded more cash when completing Parachute, Races, Deathmatches and LTS jobs with less than 4 players.
- Every time a player likes or dislikes content they will receive 50 RP.
- Fixed an issue where players who had upgraded Personal Vehicles prior to 1.10 were only able to sell them for $10,000.
- Fixed an issue where players lost the Gusenberg Sweeper despite having purchased it during the Valentine’s Event.
- Fixed an exploit where players were able to use the Creator in a Free Roam session and spawn in objects or vehicles.
- Fixed an exploit where players were able to use weapons within their apartment and garage to kill other players.
- Vote screens now progress when a Job has received a majority vote.
- Fixed an issue where players could be unable to reclaim their Personal Vehicles from the impound lot after being destroyed.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible for a player to receive hangs and long load times after completing several activities.
- Fixed an issue where players were able to render themselves and the car they were driving invisible to grief other players.
- "Sudden Death" (next point wins) and "All Points" (all packages need to be collected) options have been added to Capture Jobs to prevent matches ending in draws.
- Players can now view the Map in Deathmatch, Survival, LTS, and Capture lobbies. This also displays the weapon / health pickup locations that exist within each individual Job.
- Clarified "Rank" in the Job description, which now reads as "Opens at Rank".
- Fixed an issue where losing players in Capture Jobs were not awarded Cash.
- Fixed an issue where if the player chose to skip the tutorial, there was sometimes a delay before the clothes shops opened.
- Fixed an issue where players would occasionally appear to one another in the Elevator if they transitioned into an Apartment at the same time.
- Fixed multiple exploits where players could duplicate vehicles.
- Fixed an issue where vehicles could appear in multiple garage instances causing collision issues and explosions.
- Players will now be removed from their vehicles if they choose to replace it via the Internet whilst they are in their garage. This will fix an issue where vehicles could be ordered but never arrive.
- Fixed an issue where players could occasionally be given the incorrect amount of RP for beating Race World Records.
- Fixed an issue where the Buzzard Gunner overlay would occasionally appear on Next Job Voting Screens.
- Fixed multiple exploits where players were able to move a variety of non-allowed vehicles into Online.
- If a Job has a Cash or RP multiplier attached to it (this occurs on event weekends), this will show up on the Next Job Voting Screen.
- Fixed an issue where a player in a Race would occasionally get ticker feed messages saying they had overtaken another player when they had not.
- Fixed an issue where Quick Join would occasionally not work properly when attempting to join a Contact Mission.
- Fixed a grammatical issue with the Sanchez motorbikes on the vehicle selection screen.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible for a player to have their Strength stat reset.
- Fixed an issue where Armoured Trucks could continually spawn.
- Fixed an exploit where the player can gain RP for dying with a wanted level while in the army base / prison while on Missions.
- Fixed an issue where purchasing ammo for a dropped weapon could occasionally allow it to be saved to the player’s character.
- Fixed an exploit where players could duplicate their Personal Vehicles by blocking the entrance to their garage.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible for a player to get stuck after using Quick Save whilst in the impound lot.
- Fixed an issue where cash was occasionally being paid out incorrectly after Races.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible for a player to receive the incorrect RP after completing a Contact Mission.
- Fixed an issue where if a player drank Whisky in their apartment until they passed out, this could cause a clone to appear who would then attack them.
- A new feed has been added for during transitions into and out of GTA Online sessions and Jobs. These show how many Jobs a player has played of each type, as well as how many Missions from each Contact the player has played out of those available to them at their Rank.
- Fixed an issue where incorrect error messages could show when attempting to join a GTA Online session.
- Fixed an issue where non-player characters could spawn into player apartments.
- Fixed an exploit where players were able to steal one another’s vehicles.
- Fixed an issue with the Grotti logo used in vehicle descriptions in garages.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible for players to become stuck after the tutorial Mission cutscene completing.
- Fixed an issue where players could lose vehicles by having them delivered to a garage without actually owning a garage.
- Fixed an issue where personal vehicles had to be claimed on Insurance despite not being destroyed.
- Fixed an issue where the dialogue box for Mors Mutual Insurance would only show up very briefly.
- Fixed an issue where the cost of reclaiming the Rat Loader could change depending on how many vehicles there were in the reclaim list.
- Fixed an issue where a player could occasionally crash when entering a Job corona.
- Fixed an issue where Rockstar Verified Jobs could display incorrect information on the Social Club website.
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to Save or Publish created content if the Microsoft Points symbol was used in the description.
- Fixed an issue where players could change positions very quickly when passing through Checkpoints in Races.
- Fixed an issue where the ticker feed would show that a player has moved into first place in Races when they were already in first place.
- Team Balancing will be on permanently and by default for all Capture Jobs.
- Fixed an issue where a player could become stuck viewing an Apartment when trying to buzz a remote player into their garage.
- Fixed an issue where the Next Job Voting Screen became corrupted and was missing descriptive text.
- Fixed an issue where Personal Vehicles could lose Insurance if their garage slot was changed.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible to become stuck on a black screen after signing out of a PSN Profile whilst in the Creator.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible to time out when accepting an invite to a friend’s Online session whilst in the Creator.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible to use the phone when testing jobs in the Creator.
- Corrected an issue where it was possible to gain Awards and RP after blowing up vehicles in the test mode of the Creator.
- Fixed an issue where players could occasionally not respawn correctly if they were killed in a boat.
- Fixed an issue where the player character model could show in the Creator in the top-down sky view.
- Fixed an exploit where players had the ability to reclaim an uninsured Personal Vehicle via Mors Mutual Insurance.
- Fixed an issue where vehicles could spawn in random locations under bridges if initially placed on bridges.
- Fixed an issue where the Character Creator would not be able to create new Characters after being turned off when deleting a character.
- Fixed an exploit where players were able to disable Bounties placed on them.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible to lose all player control after speed-scrolling through menus.
- Fixed an issue where it was occasionally possible for enemies to spawn inside locked buildings during gang attacks.
- Fixed an issue where players could be unable to make any phone calls during Contact Missions.
- Fixed an issue where button prompts could occasionally show up during the Online intro cutscene from non-related events.
- Fixed an issue where the Whisky bottle in an Apartment could become invisible to other players after drinking from it.
- Fixed an issue where players could become stuck on a black screen / permanent loading screen when joining GTA Online with a fresh character after installing the Business Pack.
- Fixed an issue where players could load back into Online with invisible arms and feet and an entirely new outfit after updating the game.
- Fixed an issue where signing out of the Creator could hang the game.
- Fixed an issue where activity prompts such as drinking wine could show to players invited to Apartments but these prompts could not be followed.
- Fixed an issue where the player would no longer receive contact missions from Trevor after the player joined a Job and then returned to Online.
- Fixed an issue where players were receiving too much RP after Races.
- Fixed an issue in Rally Races where it was occasionally possible for players to receive ticker feed messages and RP rewards for overtaking when no overtaking had occurred.
- Fixed an issue where players could be taken to the wrong session or job after the Next Job Voting Screen.
- Fixed an issue where the quick restart option on the Test option for the Creator would just take the player back to the Creator, rather than restarting the Test Job.
- Fixed an issue where players could receive messages that they had not yet unlocked some Missions despite them being available in the Start menu.
- Fixed an issue where the incorrect screen could show after completing a job created in the Creator.
- Fixed an issue where the incorrect Job type could show up in the phone invite and ticker message when received.
Story Mode Changes
- Fixed an issue where players could fail the "Monkey Business" Mission by dropping a Mission objective.
v2.74, 5 April 2014:
- We've made major changes to multiplayer in this update! Here's a few of the biggest improvements:
- We now have our own multiplayer servers. This means there can be more players in a match (now 8, twice as many as before - and we're working on increasing this further!) with less strain on your internet connection.
- You can now see all the public matches that are going on around the world and pick the one you want to join.
- Players can join and leave halfway through a match without ending the event for everyone else.
- After each match players can vote on what the next event will be.
- You can now invite your friends to matches already in progress.
- There also the usual collection of tweaks and bug fixes.
- New Clothing items have been added to clothes stores.
- New Tattoos have been added to the Tattoo parlours.
- Four new Hairstyles (2 Male, 2 Female) have been added to all Barbers and Salons.
- New Masks have been added to Vespucci Movie Masks.
- Two new tire smoke colours are available from Los Santos Customs in Online (Green & Purple).
- Four new vehicles (3 cars, 1 plane) have been added to their respective dealers: Grotti Turismo R, Dinka Jester, Albany Alpha, and Buckingham Vestra
- Two new weapons have been added to Ammunation: Heavy Pistol, Special Carbine
- Three celebrations have been added to Online – Dock, Knuckle Crunch, and Air Thrusting.
- Players who are not the host of a job are now shown the ”View Joined Players’ Info” option while on the settings screen. This allows the player to access the list of players in their lobby, allowing muting or viewing profiles and stats.
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to claim vehicles after being destroyed in the impound lot.
- Fixed an exploit where players were able to give their vehicles nitrous boosts.
- Fixed an exploit where players were able to bring vehicles from Single Player into Online.
- Fixed an issue in Story Mode where a Titan would blow up when stored in a Hangar.
- If a player has already ranked up a character to Rank 20 they will be given the option to skip the tutorial.
- A number of vehicles have been added back to vehicles that can be stored in player garages: Karin Rebel (Clean), Beater Albany Emperor, Bravado Bison versions, Bravado Rumpo, Vapid Speedo, Canis Seminole
Full Change List
- Players now have the ability to highlight their own blip during Missions.
- Head to Head mode is no longer in Beta.
- Fixed issue where Leaderboard option was missing from mini-game coronas.
- Corrected a small issue where Elf Hats remained on players after the Christmas DLC.
- After timing out players are no longer returned to Single Player but will be returned to Online in a new lobby when they choose to return after being kicked.
- Matchmaking option is now available within Minigames, defaulting to ‘Off’.
- Team colors are now used for “Wasted” messages.
- The option to turn off Slipstreaming in Races has been added.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible to waste a vehicle boost in a Race whilst on foot.
- Rockstar Verified Jobs will now have the ”R* Verified” logo over the photo within coronas.
- Enemy players’ blips will now show on the mini map if they are in a player’s direct line of sight.
- Removed Rockstar logo for display of Rockstar Verified jobs in the pause menu. This is to help in differentiating between Rockstar Created & Rockstar Verified.
- Passengers are no longer stuck respawning if the driver completes the Rally without them.
- Fixed an exploit where it was possible for players to repeatedly kill enemies in Missions without completing the Mission.
- Fixed an exploit where it was possible to kick another player from a session without the required amount of votes.
- Fixed an issue where it was occasionally possible for a character’s face to change after applying a title update.
- Fixed an issue where a player’s map blip and HUD could go missing after accepting a NPC invite while in the cinema.
- Fixed an issue where Races could be held up by lobby hosts going AFK.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible to sell a vehicle immediately after purchasing it for a much higher price.
- Fixed an issue where players could be forced into strange poses when being shot when using the switch menu.
- Fixed an issue where vehicles were going missing from player’s garages.
- Fixed an issue where the Pistol .50 was not being taken into account when being used for the “Pistol Whipped” award.
- Fixed an issue where blips showed incorrectly in Survivals.
- Corrected a spawning issue with Boats.
- Fixed an issue with characters overlapping when viewing hairstyles in the Hairdressers / Barbers.
- Catch-Up is now turned off in Races when only one Checkpoint remains.
- Corrected an issue where first place messages were being shown incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue where a player's vehicle was damaged when it was driven into a garage.
- Fixed an issue in the Del Perro Apartments where the buzzer does not work when another player is in the garage.
- Fixed an issue where weapons were available in normal (non-GTA) races after dying.
- Fixed several exploits where players were able to duplicate vehicles.
- Fixed an issue where players could become stuck when entering another player’s garage as a passenger in that player’s vehicle.
- Fixed an issue where a player could become stuck if buzzed into an apartment and immediately left.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible for players to appear in odd positions when selecting to trade a car for a bike whilst in their garage.
- Fixed an exploit where it was possible to set bounties on idle players in Deathmatches.
- Fixed an issue where horns did not play their previews fully in LS Customs.
- Fixed an issue where players could potentially be moved between garages when the owner left the game.
- Fixed an issue where players were not kicked from their apartment after buying one in the same building.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible for players in the same Crew to not be placed together.
- Added audio to allow players to know when their team / the opposing team has delivered a package.
- Height indication arrows have been enabled for players in Versus Missions and CTF.
- Fixed an issue with “Timed Out” errors when attempting to join Online from the boot Online option.
- Fixed an exploit where players were able to sell free DLC vehicles.
- Fixed an issue where custom vehicles could sometimes be used in locked UGC races.
- If a Race is locked to a Sanchez model, the player will now be able to pick both the normal and livery version of the Sanchez.
- Fixed an issue where invites to Contact Missions could read as “0 players”.
- Added functionality to allow Personal Vehicle delivery for when a player is close to their garage.
- Fixed an issue where using the Quick GPS before leaving an apartment would not always select the closest location.
- The Quick GPS list now contains the Wanted Vehicle option for Simeon.
- Earrings are now removed when a player puts on a Mask.
- Fixed an issue where Lamar would play the wrong celebration animation if he wins the tutorial race.
- Fixed an issue where there would be a slight delay on some celebration animations.
- Fixed an issue where an incorrect player name would be displayed above Lamar on celebration screens.
- Fixed an issue where some celebrations would clip the camera.
- Players in the Cheater Pool will now see a release date rather than a countdown of how long they have left.
- Fixed an issue where Aim Settings were not saving correctly when accepting invites into sessions with different Aim Settings.
- Fixed an issue where a version of the Sanchez did not have all of the modding options available to it.
- Fixed an issue where players could become stuck when entering their garage if a secondary player was in their garage at the same location.
- Fixed an issue where using animations to end a phone call could block them from being used again.
- The Barber Shop and Tattoo Parlour have been added to the Quick GPS option.
- Fixed an exploit where players could teleport into locked vehicles.
- Fixed an issue where players could become stuck watching their cars drive around at the end of a Race.
- Fixed an issue where the incorrect player name could be highlighted on Leaderboards.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible to receive no Cash or RP for finishing first in a Parachuting Race.
In the Australian version of the new South Park game, the alien anal probe part will be replaced with a graphic text description of the probing, a still image of a koala crying and the word "censored" written in large red text. It actually sounds funnier than the uncensored version.
Fight for exclusive import rights at Los Santos International in one of the new Capture mode Jobs in Grand Theft Auto Online.
Capture - the newest addition to the collection of team-based modes in Grand Theft Auto Online, in now available as part of the latest free automatic update on PlayStation Network and Xbox Live. With 20 new Jobs across four unique modes, this GTA twist on classic capture the flag style confrontations brings a whole new level of adversarial action to the world of Los Santos and Blaine County. Strategy plays a huge role as you run decoys, set traps and place obstacles to ensure your enemies don’t get close to your goods. These new Jobs are accessible in Freemode and spread across the four different modes described below. Read on for more details and previews of a few of our faves:
In Raid, you'll have to fight your way into your opponents' base and steal a package, then deliver it back to your base to score points. Reach the target score, or deliver more packages than your opponents do in the allotted time to win the match.
Legal highs and bad t-shirts aren't the only things being pushed on Vespucci Beach. Four factions raid each other's stashes for control of the area's 'tourist trade'. Take product back to your spot and it's yours.
Like any military operation, when things kick off at Fort Zancudo Air Base, they escalate pretty quickly. Teams stockpiling weapons to sell on the black market raid each other's bases at either end of the facility. If they get the goods back, they're banked. Nothing's off limits to be used here, including the fighter jets.
When playing Hold, teams must collect and store as many packages as possible in their base. Packages can either be found on the map, or stolen from the opposing team’s bases. Reach the target score, or hold the most packages when the time runs out, to win.
Gang violence escalates in Chamberlain Hills, as block fights block at close quarters. Four factions with two packages each try to raid each other and protect their own stuff. If they get someone else's product back to their turf, they'll have to protect it.
Compete to get buses back to your base in 'All Abhorred'.
As the ubiquitous acronym might suggest, GTA mode tasks players with stealing target vehicles located all around the map, before bringing them back to their respective bases. Each team must fight to steal more vehicles in the allotted time than their opponents.
Four East Los car thief outfits compete to get hold of a shipment of Sanchez dirt bikes, and store them back at their bases, while preventing the other teams from doing the same. First place to look would be the Maibatsu Factory.
"Field of Screams"
A tractor shortage in Grapeseed leads to farmyard chaos. It's harvest time, and two rival gangs compete to bring a Fieldmaster tractor back to their bases. Farming is a deadly serious business in Blaine County.
In Contend, there's only one package, situated in the middle of the map. Teams must fight to bring this package back to their respective bases, and once the package is captured it respawns in the middle of the map and is up for grabs again.
Dog walkers and surfing talent agents look out - two import operations at either end of Chumash Beach are fighting over a shipment that's landed on the pier. Any product they can get to their spot in the sand is theirs to keep.
The contested package at the heart of a firefight.
Capture is available now as part of an automatic update for GTA Online, which also includes a host of fixes and dynamic tuning updates. For details on those please check out the Rockstar Support page.
- Fixed an issue where the game would delete your personal Vehicle if you have another player in it when you add a Tracker and Insurance.
- Fixed an issue where players could become stuck on the aerial view when entering GTA Online with cloud servers down and having just launched a mini-game.
- Fixed an issue where the mission 'Damaged Goods' would start even though it had previously been completed.
- Fixed an issue where under rare circumstances players couldn't claim back their personal vehicle in GTA Online.
- Fixed an issue where under rare circumstances players were able to get the Declasse Sheriff SUV into Los Santos Customs and respray it causing the menus to malfunction.
- Fixed an issue where in rare circumstances players would lose all personal vehicles after being idle kicked and unable to rejoin an online session.
- Fixed an issue where players could occasionally get stuck after killing a pedestrian with a golf ball.
- Corrected an exploit where players would retain their personal vehicle after selling it at Los Santos Customs mod shop by transitioning back and forth between Story Mode and Online.
- Corrected an exploit where players could keep repeatedly selling a Bati 801 to Los Santos Customs.
- Corrected an exploit where players were able to duplicate vehicles by accepting a Mission while leaving a high-end garage.
- Corrected an exploit where a player could start a Team Deathmatch with all players on the same team.
- Players are no longer able to delete their GTA Online character while the Rockstar cloud servers are unavailable.
- The Bad Sport penalty for destroying personal vehicles has been reduced significantly.
- Players will no longer receive a Bad Sport penalty when they are in a non-moving tank and other players crash a vehicle into them.
- The GTA$ and RP rewards for Races, Deathmatches and Parachuting are now based on the average time they take to complete.
- Players now receive GTA$ and RP rewards when failing a cooperative Job or being a member of the losing team during a Versus Mission, depending on how long the Job / Mission lasts.
- Players now receive a bonus GTA$ multiplier for Missions when played at the higher difficulty levels (Normal = 1.25, Hard = 1.5).
- In Team Deathmatch, all players on a team now receive the same GTA$ and RP rewards, with the winning team getting roughly 4-5x what the losing team receives.
- Removed some instances of debris in specific Races, including the cardboard from the 'Down the Drain' Race.
- Deliveries from Pegasus have been reduced from $1,000 to $200.
- The cost of removing a wanted level by calling Lester has now been scaled based on the amount of stars you have - at a cost of $200 per star.
- Restricted cars and vehicles that have been added to player garages through exploits have been removed. This includes tanks, helicopters and police vehicles.
- The following vehicles have been added to the southernsanandreassuperautos.com website in-game: BF Dune Buggy, Canis Bodhi, Karin Rebel, Maibatsu Sanchez 2, Vapid Sadler, Vapid Sandking SWB.
- To eliminate any remaining vehicle loss issues, an additional automatic cloud save will occur when purchasing a vehicle or vehicle modification.
As we continue to tune and adjust the evolving Grand Theft Auto Online player experience in the weeks and months ahead, we ask that you keep sending us your feedback - just fire over an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us what you'd like to see implemented in future updates.