FPS Problem

Anything to do with GTA1/GTA2 that isn't covered by the other forums
stvy
Ped
Ped
GH nick: stvy

FPS Problem

Post by stvy »

Ok so I know the fps in 11.3 is 30 for normal and 50 for fast now. My system is more than capable of running it perfect. When I run the game is only runs at 21FPS and 32 respectively in each mode.

I've tried changing all sorts of settings and it only seems sometimes it runs full fps when it feels like it. I just discovered right now by accident that when I have firefox open it runs the way it should. Any idea what is causing this? Has anyone had anything similar to this happen?
Cuban-Pete
Immortal
GH nick: Cuban-Pete

Re: FPS Problem

Post by Cuban-Pete »

You could try updating your video card driver.

Check if you video card has specific settings options for each game?
"Mmmm, your eyes are so beautiful."
Sektor
Boss
Boss
GH nick: Sektor

Post by Sektor »

If you are using v11.3 then run regedit and go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\DMA Design Ltd\GTA2\Screen. Create the key min_frame_rate and set the value to 1. If you are using an older version of GTA2 then it's in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\DMA Design Ltd\GTA2\Screen.

I should really add that option to Game Hunter. It helps on some machines but not all.
Razor
Lunatic
Lunatic
GH nick: Razor, R

Post by Razor »

I have another strange problem on new gta2/gh version :( when games stops (lags) and i`m pressing some move/function buttons then after lag gta exect all that clicks. the Effect is I often cant fit in 4th band road or i just drive into walls. Its so anoying. This effect is unstopable i have to wait until game exect my all moves :0

Never had this problem before :>

Still <3 GTA2 anyway
Sektor
Boss
Boss

Post by Sektor »

vike did increase the traffic in v11.3, so that could slow performance on some computers that couldn't run the game very well with the original traffic levels.

In all versions of GTA2, if there's extreme network lag/pausing then I can't really move properly unless I wait between moves (I can't do the molotov flying properly since I have to constantly push buttons).
Krassandra
Jaywalker
Jaywalker
GH nick: Krassandra

Post by Krassandra »

I have very funny situation with FPS.

When I launch JUST GTA2, FPS is quite low (don't know the actual value) and allows to play very comfortable.
But if I have browser opened in background, the game runs much faster. That's why I always close browser before lauch GTA2 :)
Sektor
Boss
Boss

Post by Sektor »

That's strange, maybe some kind of vsync issue? I have no idea.