Shotgun Showdown

Post GTA1/GTA2 maps here (finished and work in progress).
AssainGuy
Hitman
Hitman
GH nick: AssainGuy

Shotgun Showdown

Post by AssainGuy »

SHOTGUN SHOWDOWN
This is a remake of Pistol Box, now i realized that one actually sucks. Fixed all the bugs, remade the spawn area, made minor design changes, and replaced the respawn points. Now there are shotguns with auto-respawn and 99 ammo at the respawn corners. When the game starts, players will start in the middle of the map, and they have 2 choices: Run for the molotov what actually has only 5 ammo and 15 sec delay. Or everyone split up running for a shotgun. I've also made anti-lamer tweaking, like making spawn-killing a lot harder.

DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/?eimftmpe7fmxjf4

The layout of the map:

Credits:
Map/Scripts: AssainGuy
Epic name: BenMillard
Tuts/Help: BenMillard, Pyro (Project Cerbera)

Hope you like it! ;)
Last edited by AssainGuy on 22 Mar 2012, 13:35, edited 1 time in total.
i come here sometimes
Software Development / Audio Engineering
BenMillard
Immortal
GH nick: BenMillard

Re: Shotgun Showdown

Post by BenMillard »

Don't zip up a folder with your map files inside it. Just zip up the files. That way it can be extracted directly to the GTA2\data folder.

With that said, I support the concept of this level and the basic gameplay is kinda cool. Let the record reflect that I want it to be Western themed. Like a scene from Back to the Future: Part III, with a dusty main street flanked by wooden salons and a toppled cart of horse manure. (OK maybe not that far...)

Also, any grandstand should be fully walkable for slope fighting Molotov lulz.

And you didn't credit me for coming up with the name. That's a big problem! You might even say it's an EPIC problem!!1! ;-)
Pyro
Immortal
GH nick: Pyro

Post by Pyro »

BenMillard wrote:And you didn't credit me for coming up with the name. That's a big problem! You might even say it's an EPIC problem!!1! ;-)
Going into that again is like searching for land-mines with a hammer - not a great idea unless you're after a Darwin award :P
elypter
Immortal
GH nick: elypter

Post by elypter »

i like that it's not western style. there is already redneck arena. the maps would become too similar then.btw, sorry, ive not been able to test it yet
yur sa'nok ngeyä
BenMillard
Immortal

Post by BenMillard »

It looks like Redneck Arena doesn't use Western theme, has no scenery and has a lot of pillars. We could try it out in 3p to see how it plays and what might be more fun.
AssainGuy
Hitman
Hitman

Post by AssainGuy »

Sorry I didn't gave you credit, I was very tired when I released it, don't worry, now It's there.

With my friend we got a serious problem with the mapping. The players spawn on the boxes, and the can get out of the map easily. I'll just add an invisible wall or replace the respawn poins as a hotfix.

Also, I'll make it western style too, as a second version ;D
i come here sometimes
BenMillard
Immortal

Post by BenMillard »

AssainGuy, would you mind if I took the name Shotgun Showdown and the showdown.* filenames, to make my own Western arena level?

Have been chatting with Elypter about ideas I have for it. As well as ideas I've already posted in this topic and elsewhere. Feel quite inspired to make it, now!
AssainGuy
Hitman
Hitman

Post by AssainGuy »

Feel free to edit my map just give credit ;)
i come here sometimes
BenMillard
Immortal

Re: Shotgun Showdown started by BenMillard

Post by BenMillard »

Awesome, cheers dude. Here's what I've done today, plus about 6 hours solid overnight:

It's located in the North-West corner of Jailbreak. Will be a couple of days until it gets released for beta testing.

The arena is currently 14x14, same as Redneck Arena. Respawn points haven't been coded, yet. I think I can share the jailbreak.gmp file, so long as I make jailbreak.mis warp players from any respawn point back to Alma Mater Prison. That way all the real respawn points can be in the Shotgun Showdown arena.

Train system for the mine isn't coded or zoned up, yet. It's just scenery and a slight obstacle, won't take passengers.
BenMillard
Immortal

Post by BenMillard »

Here's a beta test version. Haven't coded the respawn warp code for Jailbreak, so the version on my website remains the 'official' one.

(EDIT) It's now released as part of the official Jailbreak for GTA2. The main level makes you teleport from the random respawn points back into the prison.

Shotgun Showdown has been playtested a lot more with Elypter and MrExclusive. Lots of changes and gameplay balancing.
Alberto
Hitman
Hitman
GH nick: Raef/ RaefGH

Post by Alberto »

Thats cool i guss
The fuck you looking at?
BenMillard
Immortal

Post by BenMillard »

Updates:
  1. Traffic removed from the map, so there's more shooting and less jumping.
  2. Gameplay balanced out a bit more.
  3. One respawn point in each corner.
  4. Maximum of 1 powerup in addition to at least 1 weapon at each respawnpoint.
  5. Dusk should look OK now that I added lights.
  6. Bit of re-texturing to floors, edges and cliff faces.
Galactic Boy
Immortal

Post by Galactic Boy »

Download link has broken. I can't download the map.
BenMillard
Immortal

Post by BenMillard »

You can try my completed level, Jailbreak: Showdown. It takes the redneck shotgun showdown idea and sets it in a quarry to form an arena.
Galactic Boy
Immortal

Post by Galactic Boy »

It's good, thank you Ben Millard. :)