Driving on water

Post by Sektor »

Sektor
Boss
Boss
GH nick: Sektor

Re: Driving on water

Post by Sektor »

I modified the GTA2 handling file so that turning moves the tank sideways instead of just rotating it. GTA2 doesn't activate the sinking animation unless you are stopped. GTA2 stops the accelerator from working on water but it doesn't prevent turns from moving you backwards, so increasing the turn in and turn out ratio gives you water driving ability.

This makes it hard to control on land using forward/reverse but it had the cool side effect of being able to drive on water. You have to keep turning or the tank will sink. Pushing accelerate or brake while on water does nothing, you have to control by alternating turns. You must reverse into the water and then quickly starting turning left and right.

There's no reason the vehicle has to be a tank. I originally tested it using cop cars on Insane Stunt Course. All vehicles will need different handling code. I was not able to get a truck with a trailer to drive on water. You can't drop mines or oil on the water this way.

All the files you need are included with the map Block Fort Frag Wipe Out. The tanks are on the bottom left of the map. The ramp is intentionally narrow to make it difficult to get the tank on land. It won't use the correct handling file bff-wipeout.gci in singleplayer unless you start the game in network mode. You could overwrite nyc.gci with bff-wipeout.gci to test it singleplayer without going through network mode.
Galactic Boy
Immortal

Post by Galactic Boy »

I think you have edited tanks' physics. You have done the maximum speed is 1.000. Am I right?
Last edited by Galactic Boy on 04 Feb 2013, 19:28, edited 1 time in total.
Gustavob
Immortal
GH nick: Gustavob
|Gustavob|

Post by Gustavob »

Galactic Boy wrote:I think you has edited tanks' physics. You have done the maximum speed is 1.000. Am I right?
Sektor wrote:I modified the GTA2 handling file so that turning moves the tank sideways instead of just rotating it. GTA2 doesn't activate the sinking animation unless you are stopped.
You just lost the game.