Hidden Surprise Team Deathmatch

Post GTA1/GTA2 maps here (finished and work in progress).
Sektor
Boss
Boss
GH nick: Sektor

Hidden Surprise Team Deathmatch

Post by Sektor »

http://gtamp.com/maps/hstd___hstde.7z

This is based on Hidden Surprise. It adds more weapons, removes mines, removes invisibility, easier to see player colours and various ramps added to make it quicker to get to a weapon in a high location. The weapons are in all sections of the map, so parts that weren't used much like bottom left corner and top right corner now have powerful weapons.

Created by DonMahone and Heri.
BenMillard
Immortal
GH nick: BenMillard

Re: Hidden Surprise Team Deathmatch

Post by BenMillard »

It also doesn't make sense to have "Deathmatch" in the map name, since people can play Points or Tag as well as Frag.

Re-arranging weapons, respawns and tweaking the maps is something I've considered doing. But I think they would be better by being a lot, smaller and having the boring areas completely removed. Face off, for example, has as much unused area as the whole original Tiny Town level, IIRC. They would also benefit from respawning weapons with maximum ammo, too! ;)

Also, the use of textures is mostly uninspired and repetitive in the multiplayer levels. They only use about 4 out of 10 building types, which lacks variety.

This adds up to so much work that it might be better to improve the atmosphere and gameplay of existing user-made levels?
UzeN
Jaywalker
Jaywalker
GH nick: _E_UzeN !! ;]

Post by UzeN »

For me Health Crate and Armor are useless on HS...
I mean if they are going to play 2 vs 2 Uzi and Shotgun are useless now everyone will just use super weapons - Zooka, Flamethower and Electro because if you lose health you have Health Crate so newbs will just take that and next thing they are going to take is Armor... And thats just nobish because if you remove this you have chance of fighting with all weapons but oh well they wanted those changes like that for a while now so here they are :) Good Luck with 2 vs 2 with this - Its a great fun playing just 3 weapons great job guys ! ;).
UzeN GTA2
2005-2010 > R.I.P. > Dzięki za chwile, spędzone przy tej grze. Narazie wam, było super.
I SP GTA2 & ZT2010 :).
MrExclusive
Mugger
Mugger

Post by MrExclusive »

Hi

As a lot of Polish players play this map I have no choice than playing it as well. I found that map better than standard HS with two exceptions. Rocket Launcher placed on the top of the map is a little bit shifted to the northeastern direction which makes it harder when you want to jump onto rockets. Secound thing are the rails which lead to the rocket launcher placed where mines used to be. You can't jump from the building to the pavement on the east but you have to drive round the rails.
Sektor
Boss
Boss

Post by Sektor »

Attached v1.9. One difference I can see from v1.7 is a ramp in the bottom left corner.
Sektor
Boss
Boss

Post by Sektor »

Added a new version.