GTA2 ScriptPad

Anything to do with GTA1/GTA2 modding (tools, scripts and more).
B-$hep
Immortal
GH nick: B-Shep

GTA2 ScriptPad

Post by B-$hep »

Is anyone here interested in improved / updated MISPad ?
I Personally miss many things in there.

What are your ideas?

I would update and improve it.

GTA2 ScriptPad v2.5.1.33 (04.09.2013)
Sixth public download:
Get it from attachment!
Attachments
GTA2ScriptPad251.zip
ScriptPad v2.5.1.32 (04.09.2013 [d/m/y])
(1.54 MiB) Downloaded 2720 times
Last edited by B-$hep on 04 Sep 2013, 20:32, edited 27 times in total.
Sektor
Boss
Boss
GH nick: Sektor

mispad

Post by Sektor »

I'd love word completion/Intellisense. If Vike or someone made miss2.exe truly command line then you could use any IDE with it and no need for mispad.

I didn't even know it already had replace/replace all since it's just an icon, ctrl + h doesn't work and it's not mentioned in the menus.

edit: It already has word completion by pushing ctrl + space.
B-$hep
Immortal

mispad

Post by B-$hep »

I want to add also the "good help system". You type for example: PLAYER_PED and if cursor is on that word and you press F1, the help for this command will be displayed. So i dont have to search for it in DMA doc.

Vike also improved the MISPad, i have version updated by Vike with pretty good functions.
I dunno if he will give the code.

If not i will code these functions by myself.
Last edited by B-$hep on 13 Aug 2010, 11:28, edited 1 time in total.
Razor
Lunatic
Lunatic
GH nick: Razor, R

mispad

Post by Razor »

syntax colors :) like in php
Sektor
Boss
Boss

mispad

Post by Sektor »

Vike didn't improve mispad, Jernej just named it mispad-vike.exe because it used HKCU registry key that Vike's GTA2 exe uses. You should already have the 1.8 code but I linked it in the first post.
Sektor
Boss
Boss

Re: mispad

Post by Sektor »

Add mini_car to the list of known words.
Make ctrl + h open search and replace so that I don't have to click the icon.
Add support for compiling multiscripts (scripts that use multiple .mis files, the official compiler can compile them).
elypter
Immortal
GH nick: elypter

Post by elypter »

At the moment i am working with notepad++ . mainly because of the code folding function that i can use with my recently created syntax highlighting extension. But unfortunately that system has some annoying limitations. If you could implement syntax folding in mispad this would be great.
yur sa'nok ngeyä
BenMillard
Immortal
GH nick: BenMillard

Post by BenMillard »

Ctrl+Space gives you a completion menu in Mis Pad.
Sektor
Boss
Boss

Post by Sektor »

I tried Ctrl + space but nothing happened. It did make me check all the icons and I found the "insert command" icon that I've never used before.
BenMillard
Immortal
GH nick: BenMillard

Post by BenMillard »

If I click anywhere in a .mis file opened using Mis Pad 1.5 (BUILD 310904) I get an auto-complete list. It's the same list as using Insert Command but is context-sensitive and positioned relative to the current word.

If the current word is incomplete, it produces a filtered list of commands which start using those letters. If you aren't within a word it produces the full list. Also gives the full list when immediately before a word, oddly.
Sektor
Boss
Boss

Post by Sektor »

I fixed the ctrl + space problem by adding a Chinese keyboard in regional and language settings, removing it and then restarting mispad. There was no Chinese keyboard listed in my language settings but ctrl + space was still changing my keyboard to Chinese.
B-$hep
Immortal

Post by B-$hep »

I dunno. If elypter made the highlighter for N++ then it seems pointless to update mispad.

Tell me if im wrong.
Sektor
Boss
Boss

Post by Sektor »

I haven't tried his highlighter and pretty sure it can't compile and run with one click like mispad can.
B-$hep
Immortal

Post by B-$hep »

Also true.
Ok, i will take a look.

I have many ideas but if its just me who is going to use new features then its not very motivating.
elypter
Immortal
GH nick: elypter

Post by elypter »

the key feature of notepad++ in terms of mis editing is the code folding function. before you use it it might look a bit unnecessary but when you use it for i while you would not want to miss it anymore. it makes it so much easier to keep the overview over large scripts especially when you add some organisation tags like i did in my example tiny tiny town army. But notepad++ has a stupid limitation of only 4 types of keywords which is really anoyoing. if you add it mispad will become the better choice. There will be still some other usefull features that np++ will have in advantage but if msipad also adds a "file has changed" notification you could easily switch between both editors.

however, i would also suggest taking in consideration to make a plugin for an ide instead of updating mispad. Wether this is a good idea or not depends on which features are realizable in this ide and which ones would be better imlpemented in the standalone mispad.

general suggestion: i really apriciate that you update these tools and i think the tools will be used by many developers (i have seen many maps that are in development right now). But i think mis editing is working quite effectively now and with upcoming TMs editor. Imoh atm an update for stytool and the scr decompiler are more important, but maybe you should ask more paople about that.
yur sa'nok ngeyä
Sektor
Boss
Boss

Post by Sektor »

mispad 1.8 already does the majority of things that any scripter should need (apart from easy object placement). Making the official compiler work with any IDE would be best.

There are simple changes that should be made to mispad like making ctrl+h work.
Cuban-Pete
Immortal
GH nick: Cuban-Pete

Post by Cuban-Pete »

Couldn't resist... :twisted:

16x16
icon_small.png
icon_small.png (162 Bytes) Viewed 68425 times
32x32
icon_normal.png
icon_normal.png (328 Bytes) Viewed 68425 times
Zipped .ico
gta2mispad_new.zip
(926 Bytes) Downloaded 1888 times
"Mmmm, your eyes are so beautiful."
Pyro
Immortal
GH nick: Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Not sure how relevant this is, but, is there any way of fixing MIS files that don't compile? Not on about simple code error stuff but the compiler will hang just before it starts to compile if MIS files are certain names (even sensible file names and length can randomly hang until you rename it).

I made a post about it some time ago, you can find it here. Hope it helps!
Sektor
Boss
Boss

Post by Sektor »

Most of the time that can be solved by deleting the .tmp files with the same name.
Pyro
Immortal
GH nick: Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Sektor wrote:Most of the time that can be solved by deleting the .tmp files with the same name.
Unfortunately it still hangs occasionally even with removing .tmp (and even the random .### files). I just hope it's not a 64-bit issue (yes - tried running it in 32-bit mode) :|