GTA2 Game Hunter - ideas and suggestions

Razor
Lunatic
Lunatic
GH nick: Razor, R

Re: GTA2 Game Hunter - ideas and suggestions

Post by Razor »

if somone type msg with your current nick at global chat then that msg will be colored
Gustavob
Immortal
GH nick: Gustavob
|Gustavob|

Post by Gustavob »

Option of choosing color of events (global chat, private message received/sent, people joining/leaving/being banned of channel, hosting, /me actions etc)
You just lost the game.
Razor
Lunatic
Lunatic

Post by Razor »

small button with opens GTA2\data folder :)
Gustavob
Immortal
|Gustavob|

Post by Gustavob »

Option of writing in more than a single line and do "team chat" (E.G. select a player at the list, press CTRL and select more players to chat with all of them at once)
You just lost the game.
Gustavob
Immortal
|Gustavob|

Post by Gustavob »

Translate GH to more languages if possible, then create a menu called "Language" where players select language that GH will be written (I mean the menus, named events (pm, someone joining, being kicked etc), player, CC, Status, country name, settings etc). I could be able to translate to portuguese if its possible to make :P
You just lost the game.
elypter
Immortal
GH nick: elypter

Post by elypter »

I would like to suggest two options for the hosting-dialog: 1: play on dusk or noon (most new players havent changed settings to daylight; so when they play a map without lights, they dont see anything). The other option: show playernames on/off (in combination with noarrow(by sty-modification or as additional feature for gta 11.2)) for hide and seek without invisibility. I know that both options can be changed by clients to another value that the hoster has selected but it would still make it easier to get common settings for all players. Maybe Vike could hardcode it into 11.2 if enough people are interested in it.
yur sa'nok ngeyä
Razor
Lunatic
Lunatic

Post by Razor »

hide and seek? what about arrows? :P you can change your .sty files :)
Gustavob
Immortal
|Gustavob|

Post by Gustavob »

There should be a "rejoin when kicked" checkbox in settings. Then if you are kicked it automatically tries to rejoin. If you were banned, it just displays a message saying that you were banned with the previous ban reason and stops trying to rejoin. Also, it would be nice if there was a way of writing in bold, italic and "underlined" (like press Ctrl+B then an icon appears and everything after that icon gets bolded in message, then press Ctrl+B again then you write normally, then Ctrl+I for italic and Ctrl+U to "underlined"). Also, a way of writing in more then one single line, like a button in the side of the chatbox with an arrow that, when pressed, the chatbox increases it's size and if you press enter/return, you write in the line below, if you press Ctrl+Enter/Return you send the message
You just lost the game.
Sektor
Boss
Boss
GH nick: Sektor

Post by Sektor »

People are often kicked to force them to read the kick message (it could be advice) but if they auto reconnect then they will most likely miss or ignore the message. I use auto rejoin on kick in my real IRC client but that's because kicks are often done as jokes or to cycle the channel or the kicker just doesn't care that I instantly rejoined and I don't want to miss anything.

Bold, italic and multiline all make sense but they are at the bottom of the list of things to do. I think one day I might just find a fully featured open source IRC client and add GTA2 support to that or make the game finding and chat completely separate.
Gustavob
Immortal
|Gustavob|

Post by Gustavob »

Hmm.. So, maybe just add it as an option for halfops or ops? Then if when someone who checked this box logged in is not identified as an op/halfop just make it dont work.
You just lost the game.
Razor
Lunatic
Lunatic

Post by Razor »

you should add option to distable autoadjusting... it is annoying i want to do my own custom size of each collumn
BenMillard
Immortal
GH nick: BenMillard

Post by BenMillard »

Can you show a screenshot of a situation where automatic column sizing annoyed you? More examples the better!
Razor
Lunatic
Lunatic

Post by Razor »

Hi

I have another idea. Autoupdater - feature which checks there is any new version avilible. Then ask user "do you want download new version now?" and if user choose yes then downloading starts and gh will automaticly install new version. I think it will be usefull becouse it will solve problem which diffrend ver. of GH. I`m sure that is a lot of work but is worth it.
Sektor
Boss
Boss

Post by Sektor »

Added that idea to the list and removed all the ideas that have already been added to GH v1.5 and GTA2 v11.3. There are still some ideas in todo.txt that I haven't added to this thread yet.
B-$hep
Immortal
GH nick: B-Shep

Post by B-$hep »

Sektor do you have plan to add possibility to change background color / theme?
That white color in background really hurts if you look at this for hours.
BM edition has dark theme.

Do you have plans to also use color themes?
Sektor
Boss
Boss

Post by Sektor »

The Sektor theme in 1.5 uses a black background. I might finish the font and colour changing code sometime but I got bored with it and it wasn't working with the autoresizing, so it seemed easier to just disable it for now and work on the important features.
Salamander
Janitor
Janitor
GH nick: Salamander
KingSalamander
Sally
[00]

Post by Salamander »

I don't support adding auto-rejoin capabilities, I don't support adding bold/italics/whatever formatting capabilities.

Sektor regarding what you wrote about modding an existing client: http://springlobby.info/wiki/springlobby/
Open source, cross-platform, UTF8, C++.
Razor
Lunatic
Lunatic

Post by Razor »

Hi I would like to see new line in mmp called Time of day!
When GH will see that in mmp eg.

Code: Select all

[MapFiles]
GMPFile = MP1-comp.gmp
STYFile = bil.sty
SCRFile = MP1-6P.scr
Description = Tiny Town 6player 
PlayerCount = 6
DayTime = Night
then gh will set night mode
and vice versa

if gh wont see that line in mpp then ignore it and wont change anything :)

It would be great feature cose it will give to us new opportunities :) eg Hide and Seek :D
JackSparrow
Jaywalker
Jaywalker
GH nick: JackSparrow

Post by JackSparrow »

It's my Idea :D
Sektor
Boss
Boss

Post by Sektor »

I could add that easily enough but making it so no one can cheat and enable lighting would be much harder. Someone could just close GH and then I couldn't force lighting on. Maybe Vike could add it to gta2.exe but that's much harder. Is there anyway to tell in GTA2 script if lighting is on? I doubt it but I haven't really tested lighting script options.