Transcribing Lo-Fi FM Radio Station

Drury
Mugger
Mugger
GH nick: Drury

Re: Transcribing Lo-Fi FM Radio Station

Post by Drury »

T.M. wrote:
Cuban-Pete wrote:I thought mercury was used in old thermometers, so if the mercury is rising, the temperature is rising, meaning you got to start stripping off clothes so you don't get hot. :)
Thats how the media calls it in Finland too, sometimes. I have never seen anyone using a mercury based thermometer, except in our chemistry classes at school.

I dont know why they used it at all, since the alchol based thermometer was invented 60 years before mercury based.
It's more accurate.
Cuban-Pete
Immortal
GH nick: Cuban-Pete

Post by Cuban-Pete »

BenMillard wrote:Not something I can commit to, sorry. Just landed a 3 month contract building websites full time!
How about now? Darn, currently busy myself, how about somewhere in the next week(s)? I'll just drop the lines on the forum and see if you want to flex that vocabulary muscle.
"Mmmm, your eyes are so beautiful."
BenMillard
Immortal
GH nick: BenMillard

Post by BenMillard »

It's likely to never happen, sorry.

Someone else might help out.
atjones88
Ped
Ped
GH nick: Russian Redneck

Post by atjones88 »

Gustavob wrote:
Cuban-Pete wrote:
Cuban-Pete wrote: "agh flooky tacky lu!" is still the worst translation ever, hahahah!
Haha yes, but that's exactly what it says until someone tells us what it says for sure :P

I came across this topic when searching about radio stations, and I listened to this... and what I can work out is:

"Dai Lama here! The crowd is excited! Wales are on the move! We are moving forward! Beautiful play, boys! Ach, flukey tackle!"

This is a reference to rugby, and the Wales national team, of course... we do get a bit like that when it comes to the game!
Cuban-Pete
Immortal
GH nick: Cuban-Pete

Post by Cuban-Pete »

Cool that you found this forum, Atjones, and thank you for posting. I think you are right, it sounds a lot like it. :)

Perhaps it's time I put all the transcribed parts together, but a system would be nice. Somebody here who knows something about how "professionals" transcribe? What format they use?
"Mmmm, your eyes are so beautiful."