Grand Theft Auto 2 Singleplayer #1 in HD!

StixsmasterHD
Ped
Ped
GH nick: StixsmasterHD

Grand Theft Auto 2 Singleplayer #1 in HD!

Post by StixsmasterHD »

Hey all,

Enjoy my 1080p HD, yes that is correct you may enjoy this video in 1080p HD, video of me pwning in the GTA 2 Singleplayer. I am thinking of making a HD video of the London expansions.

---StixsmasterHD
elypter
Immortal
GH nick: elypter

Re: Grand Theft Auto 2 Singleplayer #1 in HD!

Post by elypter »

you can use window mode to avoid stretching
yur sa'nok ngeyä
Sektor
Boss
Boss
GH nick: Sektor

Post by Sektor »

Good intentions but wrong aspect ratio and GTA2 looks identical in 640x480 (high bitrate), so 1080P is just a waste. You can usually disable wrong aspect ratio stretching in fullscreen. Check your video card control panel.
StixsmasterHD
Ped
Ped

Post by StixsmasterHD »

Sektor wrote:Good intentions but wrong aspect ratio and GTA2 looks identical in 640x480 (high bitrate), so 1080P is just a waste. You can usually disable wrong aspect ratio stretching in fullscreen. Check your video card control panel.
I am sorry I must be misinterpreting what you said completely and fully or sumthang as from the looks of it at first you say good intentions I get this part. Then you say wrong aspect ratio yet right after you say 640x480 is identical. So I dont see how it is a waste. + TBH I dont play in 640x480 as it is similar for me, in fact when I play that res its more pixelated and uglier, I play it in 1280x960 fullscreen. To me this is like complaining about no FOV configging being allowed at all in a game when its not anythang like Call of Duty Modern Warfare or the HL2 series when they came out.

Basically if in the end it truly doesnt matter why even bring it up? I feel like over 75% of peeps ive spoken to in this community dont understand the phrase, "If you dont have anythang good to say dont say anythang at all."

I will name 2 users I have met that are completely strate with me and cool to converse with and play games with: DAFE(Converse + Chat) & vike(Chat)

Now I am not saying elypter or Sektor, you 2, are bad or anythang. I jest havent conversed or tried to converse with yall as much and well I use the GTA 2 Game Hunter but I mean hell I have been kicked with the warning of HEEL for mentioning the GTA 2 patch to users trying to join my hosted games and for trying to help them with portforwarding. I easily right off the bat from day 1 of making this video and getting GTA 2 MP easily configged to work easily for me could tell that this community obviously doesnt have many members as it probly should due to the poor "welcomes" you get around here.

---StixsmasterHD
Sektor
Boss
Boss
GH nick: Sektor

Post by Sektor »

I meant 640x480 looks identical to higher 4:3 resolutions since GTA2 was designed for 640x480 and all the art is low resolution. Technically, it is possible 1280x960 looks better on some systems since some 640x480 upscaling methods aren't great. 1280x960 is a 4:3 (fullscreen resolution) but your video is in widescreen (maybe 16:9), so it looks weird (all the vehicles are the wrong shape). GTA2 doesn't look as bad in the wrong aspect ratio as some games and I'm sure some people get used to it but I recommend recording in 4:3 for games that don't support true widescreen.

There's no need to link to the patch, anyone trying to join will get the link sent to them automatically but they will usually install it to the wrong folder. At some point, I'll update GH and the installers so they require no reading or folder navigation ability.

The community could be friendlier but making the multiplayer idiot resistant is the only way to increase the amount of players. Most people are never going to figure out how to forward ports.
StixsmasterHD
Ped
Ped

Post by StixsmasterHD »

Sektor wrote:I meant 640x480 looks identical to higher 4:3 resolutions since GTA2 was designed for 640x480 and all the art is low resolution. Technically, it is possible 1280x960 looks better on some systems since some 640x480 upscaling methods aren't great. 1280x960 is a 4:3 (fullscreen resolution) but your video is in widescreen (maybe 16:9), so it looks weird (all the vehicles are the wrong shape). GTA2 doesn't look as bad in the wrong aspect ratio as some games and I'm sure some people get used to it but I recommend recording in 4:3 for games that don't support true widescreen.

There's no need to link to the patch, anyone trying to join will get the link sent to them automatically but they will usually install it to the wrong folder. At some point, I'll update GH and the installers so they require no reading or folder navigation ability.

The community could be friendlier but making the multiplayer idiot resistant is the only way to increase the amount of players. Most people are never going to figure out how to forward ports.
IMHO this community is in poor condition greatly I feel almost compelled to say sadly it feels like if it keeps its ways up as it is with me and does all this with other new members that it deserves to die away. I mean hell players that join games/servers only to bitch at the host for setting up a game that the host wants to play with others is pretty ridiculous and uncalled for especially when they can choose from which server they wanna join & setup/host their own server.

So I guess I will jest camp around in chat for awhile and converse with only a select few peeps but besides that. I think this community is going to be its own downfall in the end if it doesnt straighten up with new members.

---StixsmasterHD
elypter
Immortal
GH nick: elypter

Post by elypter »

people there are just tired of annoyingly retarded newfags(not you)
if you have helped new people for months or years and half of them is even too stupid to read what they've been told or can't even click on a link to a guide you stop giving a fuck about if there is one new player more or less. if you want to judge the community better do that by looking at the forum instead of gh (although there have been some childish quarrels too but people are mostly motivated and helpful)
also keep in mind that this is the internet and not a giant hug-box like facebook

PS:if you want to improove things you could help others too or write/impoove guides, ... new motivated people can always be useful
Last edited by elypter on 10 Jul 2012, 11:57, edited 1 time in total.
yur sa'nok ngeyä
Pyro
Immortal
GH nick: Pyro

Post by Pyro »

You have to remember as well how old GTA2 is, so to have some kind of community after this long is impressive by any means.

As elypter said, there are basically two distinct communities here; one on these forums and the other on GH itself, and the forums is the smaller one (obviously with people on forums going on GH and vice-versa). I don't go on GH a lot as there can be stupid arguments and some bans for no apparent reasons, so I have to agree some people on GH can act like retards at times. Above all, if new people can't be bothered to read the help given (port forwarding, installing maps etc) why should other people go over it again when it has already been written down?

I've been here more or less since the beginning of GTA2 modding when it came out (same for a few others here too) and even the community on Gouranga forums back then before this forum existed suffered similar problems to here on occasion, same with any other community for a game really. Not many people play GTA2 through GH and even fewer people actually make maps/scripts either, so something to consider also.
Salamander
Janitor
Janitor
GH nick: Salamander
KingSalamander
Sally
[00]

Post by Salamander »

What's wrong with this community is that what it revolves around - GTA2 - attracts immature people inconsiderate of others, ungrateful for the help they receive, unwilling to read the tutorials they get linked to, unwilling to follow the steps given to them by those who know what they're talking about, eager to spam, too callow to consider themselves being to blame, etc. Can't expect anything else when the core of the community is a game.

Sektor, one of the finest souls I know, perhaps only out-niced by DAFE, a dear sack of maple nuts from Canada who never ceases to amaze me with his patience, kindly and concisely pointed out the issues with your video. It would be wise of you to say thank you, and address those issues, instead of replying with an ass-long diatribe on how everyone is against you.

The reason you got kicked was clear, but as usual you'll skip the whole context of the situation and come crying here.
I was already busy helping someone, you interrupted with !patch, which then takes me more time to explain to the person I was busy helping why they should ignore you and stick with what I'm telling them. You were asked repeatedly on that specific occasion not to interrupt with the !patch trigger, but you knew better (as you did here, above, with the 640x480 thing). You couldn't keep yourself from interrupting so I did it for you.

You're new here. There's an etiquette, it applies to all walks of life, that new people generally keep their mouths shut and their heads low. There's a reason for that. It's because most of the time, new people don't know what they're talking about. Apply it (everywhere in your life), learn, and stop whining.
BenMillard
Immortal
GH nick: BenMillard

Post by BenMillard »

Welcome to our little community. We have about 10 regular people, with up to 20 other players online at the weekend.

Your screen is 16:9 widescreen but GTA2 is 4:3 standard. This means everything in your video is stretched horizontally. How did you make GTA2 use 1920x1080 pixels? It only lists 4:3 standard options in the GTA2 Manager.

You could try making it use 1440x1080 to create a 4:3 picture that uses all of your screen height. There are some registry settings to set GTA2 screen size - you might be using those already?

If your screen is actually 1920x1200, like mine, just choose 1600x1200 in GTA2 Manager. If your screen doesn't change to 4:3 mode automatically when you do that, try pushing its "Menu" button or looking at video card settings.
T.M.
Immortal

Post by T.M. »

StixsmasterHD wrote:I am sorry I must be misinterpreting what you said completely and fully or sumthang as from the looks of it at first you say good intentions I get this part. Then you say wrong aspect ratio yet right after you say 640x480 is identical.
I was also going to say "wrong aspect ratio" and the fact that 640x480 doesnt differ much. Not because i wanted to be rude, but i was disappointed from the effort you have made while the aspect ratio was wrong... nothing personal really. I think we are too perfectionists on this community :-)

It's always nice to see new people being enthusiastic about this game, so, dont give up! ;-)
StixsmasterHD wrote:"If you dont have anythang good to say dont say anythang at all."
I would disagree that a little bit: its always good to tell if there is something wrong, instead of letting it be and annoy more people. But i understand that it can feel annoying to only hear negative comments, it makes people sound like a bitches, but in reality, they just try to help most of the time.