Tiny Tiny Tiny Town

Post GTA1/GTA2 maps here (finished and work in progress).
elypter
Immortal
GH nick: elypter

Tiny Tiny Tiny Town

Post by elypter »

Yeah it's triple "Tiny" now. I know it's becoming ridiculous ;)

First i just made it for fun but it turned out to have a very interesting gameplay too. With arena weapons it could be even more fun.

Download
yur sa'nok ngeyä
Cuban-Pete
Immortal
GH nick: Cuban-Pete

Re: Tiny Tiny Tiny Town

Post by Cuban-Pete »

You could call it:

T³T

T3T

Tiny³Town

:) or sumthing like that...
"Mmmm, your eyes are so beautiful."
BenMillard
Immortal
GH nick: BenMillard

Post by BenMillard »

This is just about the smallest I can imagine Tiny Town getting! You've done well to keep it fairly drivable. There are a few things I'd tweak but on the whole, good job.

If I were to make an arena script for it, Tiny³ Town Arena would be the name I'd use, with tiny3-arena.* as the filenames. So long as that's compatible with GH, GTA2, MisPad and other programs. (Alt+179 on Windows.)

Please, stop creating a new 6MB custom .sty files for every level you make, just for a couple of edge variants. Either share it between your levels (like my ms.sty for MultiSlayer) or use one the 1,000 DMA tiles in one of the 3 DMA texture sets.

(EDIT) For compatibility, consistency and compactness, I've switched to tytyty-arena.* filenames but kept the name.
Last edited by BenMillard on 23 Mar 2011, 19:56, edited 1 time in total.
elypter
Immortal
GH nick: elypter

Post by elypter »

there's a little air bug at the hospital wall
yur sa'nok ngeyä
BenMillard
Immortal

Post by BenMillard »

Ah yes, a nonsolid wall tile. Fixed and uploaded, with various other refinements:

I've removed the version I uploaded in earlier message, to avoid confusion.

(EDIT) Removed the old attachment.
Last edited by BenMillard on 25 Mar 2011, 22:31, edited 1 time in total.
Pyro
Immortal
GH nick: Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Gave this a quick test today, a few comments:
  • What's up with the pillar and weird texture on block lid at 50, 115?
  • Dual-pistols aren't that great, better change them for something else or remove completely.
  • Pavements are really untidy looking! Please change them so they actually fit and merge properly - bil.sty has a lot of tiles that can do this.
  • You have a double-damage right next to a machine gun, fine. But why is the fast reload on its own? Perhaps add a newr MG next to the fast reload.
  • Cars/traffic gets stuck in a lot of places. I know it'd be easier to find a car like this (not like you really need to seeing how small the map is) but traffic gets backed up very quickly.
  • Could do with a parked car or two on the west/north-west side.
  • Some of the architecture is quite strange. While I understand it's a very small map, some buildings look... odd. Mostly its the roofs on some buildings (such as 62 ,118).
BenMillard
Immortal

Post by BenMillard »

• Fixed. Elypter's one uses a different .sty for that bit.
  • Central Dual Pistol could be deleted but they are a signature of this level. FR and DD makes them hard enough for Elypter to kill me a few times. :)
  • Disagreed. Having pavement kerbs doubled up with the road kerbs is untidy. Especially in a small level; you get 4-8 parallel lines down a 1-lane road.
  • Hmm, FR Shotgun might be cool - would be the only place to get Shotgun. Vehicle Bomb replaced one at the road level just there, so stays similar to original.
  • I might re-route traffic North from the South chicane. TTTA has some traffic tricks like that.
  • Parked cars get used up or destroyed, plus there's no space. I never had car starving there, yet.
  • Agreed. Will make that bit 1 block higher. Might re-texture a lot of stuff, like TTTA.
Thanks for the feedback! It's very early days for this level. New version uploaded.

Testers
  • Boss
  • DrSlony/Salamander
  • Elypter
  • Pyro
  • Sektor
(EDIT) Have done some TTTA-like retexturing, fixed some collision bugs, swapped some weapons and took screenshots:
Image Image Image
Attachments
tytyty-arena-6.zip
Unofficial test of arena version, called Tiny³ Town Arena and using tytyty-arena.* as the filenames.
(254.11 KiB) Downloaded 875 times