Golden Lap

Post GTA1/GTA2 maps here (finished and work in progress).
Sektor
Boss
Boss
GH nick: Sektor

Re: Golden Lap - Betatests

Post by Sektor »

I recommend creating goldenlap.mmp

[MapFiles]
GMPFile = g1.gmp
STYFile = f1.sty
SCRFile = f1.scr
Description = Golden Lap
GXTFile = f1.gxt
GCIFile = f1.gci

You can then rename the included e.gxt to f1.gxt and include a handling file called f1.gci.
Razor
Lunatic
Lunatic
GH nick: Razor, R

Post by Razor »

will be added in da next v.
Razor
Lunatic
Lunatic

Post by Razor »

Hi i saw that you gusy improve quality of icons etc. Could you improver that F1 teams logos?
LOGOS.RAR
(4.11 KiB) Downloaded 770 times
Cuban-Pete
Immortal
GH nick: Cuban-Pete

Post by Cuban-Pete »

What do you mean? Remove black? Black in texture is transparent in GTA2 right?
"Mmmm, your eyes are so beautiful."
Razor
Lunatic
Lunatic

Post by Razor »

download map and you will see that looks not such good :)
BenMillard
Immortal
GH nick: BenMillard

Post by BenMillard »

Where's the final version with the corrected MMP? Also, please add lights or set a high ambient light level.

It's still too difficult to set up and play because of these packaging issues. 7 months after I reported them.
Last edited by BenMillard on 09 Jan 2011, 21:17, edited 1 time in total.
elypter
Immortal
GH nick: elypter

Post by elypter »

this map is almost complete. too bad that it still missing the last steps.

btw when you are making a new version don't include nested rar files and put the files in the root folder of the archieve like it is done in every other map
yur sa'nok ngeyä
BenMillard
Immortal

Post by BenMillard »

If you damage your car during qualification you cannot repair it before the race. This is lame, because game speed and other drivers mean you might crash a lot during the qualifying lap.

Using GT-A1 handling sucks. Stinger would at least turn like a car. My handling from Macau suits this track very well.

(EDIT) The track layout is good; more interesting than I remember. Fits gear-changes of GT-A1 fairly well, which can be pleasing. 8-)

Some bugs with GTA2 make it annoying to re-learn the track. Wobbly camera, instant collision with 45° walls, bad v-sync and instant stop with no rebound from tyres object are big nuisances.
BenMillard
Immortal

Post by BenMillard »

Someone linked me to this Golden lap 5.0 which Heri released yesterday. Glad to see some updates to it.
  1. It keeps the old Golden Lap 4.5 without overwriting it.
  2. It's over 6MB to download.
  3. There is no readme file was included.
  4. Handling is atrocious, even worse than standard GT-A1 I'd say. Less acceleration and direction change is like a supertanker.
  5. Game crashes more.
  6. Player 2 cannot move and is never sent into their car.
  7. Player 1 can set some options at the start of the game, which is cool. Except it's impossible to read the digits and they change too fast.
I have some questions:
  1. Why isn't it using the Macau F1 handling for GTA2? Even a modified version of that?
  2. Why isn't it simply a 5 lap race with enough fuel to stop at the end of Lap 4? (So you can use strategy to decide when to stop.)
  3. Why are teams forced so players have to join in exactly the right order and Ferrari always hosts?
  4. Why is it only single-player? What is there to test beyond the previous version?
killerxD
Ped
Ped
GH nick: killerxD007

i wanna golden lap :<

Post by killerxD »

anyone have golden lap?!
elypter
Immortal
GH nick: elypter

Post by elypter »

i guess i have some kind of beta of the 5.0 .But for the newest version you should ask Heri.
version 4.5 can be downloaded here: http://gta2dare.omnitude.net/maplist/li ... p%202p.mmp
yur sa'nok ngeyä
Muscovy
Ped
Ped
GH nick: Muscovy

Post by Muscovy »

The Golden Lap link does not work for me.
I don't understand the language. :?:
BenMillard
Immortal

Post by BenMillard »

New and improved handling! It's the result of ~3 hours play-testing around Golden Lap 5 single player (the version linked to in the first message). Did some laps around Macau Race and the engine braking is making it much more drivable now.
golden-lap-practice.zip
Adds a "Golden Lap Practice" entry to GTA2. Players can race any of the 6 cars any way they want. Uses the handling from Macau Race.
(7.69 KiB) Downloaded 675 times
Basically lifting off the throttle is like using the brakes, but you retain a bit of steering. The handbrake is still functional as a sort of "steering boost". Using it tends to move too fast for the camera to track. This setup seems nicely on the limit without using handbrake.

The top speed is a bit less than previous Macau Race setup. This makes the final turns of Golden Lap into a really exhilarating sequence once you get a good enough line. If you loosen your turning in 2nd gear it will change up to 3rd earlier; thus promoting a slightly more realistic "slow in, fast out" line at some mid-speed corners.

The high-speed stadium turns are still 3rd-gear. You'll need to enter that complex on a good line to stay full throttle through the first part, though!

(EDIT) Major updates to Macau Race for GTA2! Route is getting closer to the real location, plus I've added barriers to many areas.