Snowy City

Post GTA1/GTA2 maps here (finished and work in progress).
BenMillard
Immortal
GH nick: BenMillard

Re: Snowy City

Post by BenMillard »

You use work made by other people. That work does not belong to you. You did not get permission to use it in your levels.

THAT IS STEALING.

STOP LYING ABOUT IT.

GET OUT!
CarThief
Hitman
Hitman
GH nick: CarThief

Post by CarThief »

Yeah i guess. If you use whatever files other people made without permission, be it .gxt, .gci, .gmp, .mmp, .mis, .scr, .sty and any other kinds of files GTA2 uses that is ussually stealing. And in other cases just an bad idea. This doesnt count for the files Rockstar made though, this only counts for user-made files.
You should either ask the person who made that file's permission or not use it in general. Unless they allow everyone to use it for editing or stuff, of course.

And practise does make perfect, i mean, my works sure improved alot over time. Looking back, stuff like Chaos City is pretty crappy looking with boxes and nonsense layouts. (Though one must admit it lives up to its name! :P)
But i suppose you're quite improving, you should try different shapes and colours of buildings. Just take a look at what other people have tried and see if you can think of anything interesting yourself to build.

I'd say hold off on banning him if anything untill its proven he just cant listen or understand what he's doing wrong, and still cant fit in properly. I mean, atleast he's trying, his maps are even improving somewhat.
Galactic Boy
Immortal

Post by Galactic Boy »

OK. CarThief I will try them next time. And you Ben Millard, stop talking about my map! I'm saying again. That map is my own work. And I'm not liar. I didn't lie in my life. I don't lie too.
elypter
Immortal
GH nick: elypter

Post by elypter »

just mention that you're a member of the Church of Kopimism in your signature and nobody will bother you again about using stuff from other maps ;)
yur sa'nok ngeyä
Galactic Boy
Immortal

Post by Galactic Boy »

OK Elypter. But I didn't understand this. What is the Church Of Kopimism? :) Is it modders group?
Drury
Mugger
Mugger
GH nick: Drury

Post by Drury »

Church of Kopimism is a bunch of Swedes who believe that every single piece of information on the internet should be free no matter what.

This is their logo. Pretty much sums up what you're doing with other people's work.
Galactic Boy
Immortal

Post by Galactic Boy »

OK. Drury, I understood. :)
T.M.
Immortal

Post by T.M. »

Drury wrote:Church of Kopimism is a bunch of Swedes who believe that every single piece of information on the internet should be free no matter what.

This is their logo. Pretty much sums up what you're doing with other people's work.
Isn't that what people already do, they just hide it and lie about it? ;-)
Sektor
Boss
Boss
GH nick: Sektor

Post by Sektor »

I just moved some of the offtopic junk to http://gtamp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=644

This topic is about Snowy City map. If you post anything else here, I will delete the posts and if you keep posting junk, I'll also delete you.