Snowy City

Post GTA1/GTA2 maps here (finished and work in progress).
Galactic Boy
Immortal

Snowy City

Post by Galactic Boy »

Snowy City is a map added with 3 gangs (redneckgang, prisonergang, elvisgang), 3 players (Redneck #6, Prisoner, Elvis), strong cars, several weapons and powerups. Finally, thanks to Sektor for his helps.
Galactic Boy
Immortal

Re: Snowy City

Post by Galactic Boy »

And..The download link...
Last edited by Galactic Boy on 03 Feb 2013, 19:25, edited 1 time in total.
Drury
Mugger
Mugger
GH nick: Drury

Post by Drury »

You forgot to mention we need Rick_Army.sty textures for the map to work.

Linking to it here yourself would be helpful... But whatever.

http://gta2dare.omnitude.net/maplist/li ... ck_army.7z

Here's the original map with the texture file.
Galactic Boy
Immortal

Post by Galactic Boy »

I put it now in the ".zip" file. :)
Drury
Mugger
Mugger
GH nick: Drury

Post by Drury »

Yeah, that's exactly what I hoped you wouldn't do.

Unless you, of course, have the permission to do so.
BenMillard
Immortal
GH nick: BenMillard

Post by BenMillard »

Galactic Boy, stop stealing other people's work.

You haven't made 1 good level yet. Just make 1 good level. That's all we ask.
Jones
Psycho
Psycho

Post by Jones »

You haven't made 1 good level yet. Just make 1 good level. That's all we ask.
Come on Ben, you can't make a good level without experience. I think Galatic Boy's BOT maps (Army Base War/Survivor) have potential. Ask for the permissions, make them for 1-6 player and more mission like and they would be good. Galatic Boy write me if you like this idea and you need help ;)
Galactic Boy
Immortal

Post by Galactic Boy »

Jones wrote:Come on Ben, you can't make a good level without experience. I think Galatic Boy's BOT maps (Army Base War/Survivor) have potential. Ask for the permissions, make them for 1-6 player and more mission like and they would be good. Galatic Boy write me if you like this idea and you need help ;)
I agree with Jones. And I don't steal other people's works. Never!
BenMillard
Immortal
GH nick: BenMillard

Post by BenMillard »

Did you ask Sequential for permission to use his Rick_Army.sty in your level? And distribute a copy of it with your map? Show us the message to prove the original author approved this, with the dates and times.

Here are some of the more serious problems - there might be more:
  1. Army Base War Games, October 2012
    Admitted to using Rick_Army.sty by Sequential without permission.
  2. Army Base Survivor Games, February 2013
    Includes Rick_Army.sty but you claim the textures are your own work! That will conflict with any updates Sequential makes to it, when he is the original author.
  3. Snowy City, February 2013
    You say "And I don't steal other people's works. Never!" You already admitted it in October 2012. You are doing it even more in February 2013.
  4. Wild West, January 2013
    The middle part was Western, made by Kamil. When I pointed this out, you said saying "No, I'm not stole Kamil's "Western" level. I edited and modified it." You silently removed Western from your level and screenshot, even after denying it was in there.
  5. You reported one of my recent messages as spam when I questioned you about this. I think that's the last straw.
Now I have seen the evidence in one place, the conclusion is simple.

You keep using work that is not yours, without permission.

I think we must ban you to protect our work.
Sektor
Boss
Boss
GH nick: Sektor

Post by Sektor »

Most people won't mind you using their map data but getting permission first is the polite thing to do. The worst thing is including the same file names with your map since that causes conflicts when one person updates.

I'm hoping to get Elypter's map system moved over to gtamp. The plan is to require a forum username to upload and the only way to overwrite files should be if your usename is on the editor/owner list for that map.
Galactic Boy
Immortal

Post by Galactic Boy »

Listen me too carefully Ben Millard. I wrote it wrong. I didn't say "that Rick_Army.sty" belongs to me. It belongs to Sequential I already know. I getting permission from him but I couldn't contact him. As I said ago, I didn't steal other peoples works, I don't steal too. But you saying that "You are thief.". It's not fair.
Pyro
Immortal
GH nick: Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Jones wrote:Come on Ben, you can't make a good level without experience.
Agreed, but I do think Galactic Boy is churning out as many maps as possible it seems and rather plain and boring to look at.

I've made maps for probably 10 years on and off and I don't claim to be an expert at mapping by any means and I've learned a lot from each one. I do love to focus on the small details and things like shadows on the later maps at least.

But yes, practice makes perfect but you really need to push the boat out and experiment with some designs other than straight lines and box-shaped buildings. Create, play-test, refine and play-test some more; plenty of people to give feedback if you're willing to listen.

PS - Galactic Boy, do us all a favour and please attach your map file to your first post rather than making a second post just for that; it's simply not needed. The 'Edit' button is your friend.
Galactic Boy
Immortal

Post by Galactic Boy »

You are all right Pyro and Sektor. Getting permissions from other users when I update a map is polite thing as you say. I have got more than 500 maps in my map file so my map file is too large. I made 122 of them. Instead of attach my map file, I write all their names.
Other People's Maps: 10TrainsExample.gmp, 10TrainsMission1.gmp, 57th.gmp, 57thdv.gmp, 60sec.gmp, 911.gmp, 5678.gmp, aad2.gmp, ah.gmp, alpine1.gmp, Andinator1Map.gmp, ar.gmp, are.gmp, arena.gmp, army.gmp, assassin.gmp, at_pca.gmp, azg2.gmp, aztec.gmp, base.gmp, battlezone.gmp, bc_ac_gmp, bc_cop.gmp, bc_cop_1.gmp, bc_dw.gmp, bc_fb.gmp, bc_hl.gmp (mofl and rofl ".mmp" files), bd.gmp (Has got mofl and rofl ".mmp" files), bernaarmap.gmp, bff (meme, nyan and wipeout ".gmp" files), bil.gmp, bil-multi.gmp, block-fort (frag, full and tag ."gmp" files), bootcamp.gmp, boxesmap.gmp, brace.gmp, breakout.gmp, bug.gmp, canyon.gmp, capital.city.gmp, center_surprise.gmp, chaos_city.gmp, Classic Race.gmp, cranes.gmp, crimepay.gmp, crosstown.gmp, csmap.gmp, cta.gmp, ctv.gmp, dafesdeathvalley.gmp, davidio_town (1 and 2), dda.gmp, ddr.gmp, deaglefactory.gmp, decon.gmp, decon-king.gmp, dh.gmp, drive.gmp, dsv2.0.gmp, dullswill.gmp, dullswill_m.gmp, dune_racers.gmp, elektrogunarena.gmp, epza.gmp, er.gmp, escape.gmp, evil_arena.gmp, exterminatus.gmp, ez_arena.gmp, faceup.gmp, factory_arena.gmp, fast_furious.gmp, fifa.gmp, FNmap.gmp, fragcourse.gmp, Freedom-Criminals.gmp, Frenzy.gmp, frt.gmp, fub.gmp, g1.gmp, ga_spar_edited.gmp, gang_war.gmp, gangstatown.gmp, GangWar.gmp, getaway1.gmp, gogotank.gmp, GourangasCastle.gmp, gr.gmp, grenade.gmp, GTA Stories.gmp, GTA1 (london, mc, miami, nyc, san-an, sanb ".gmp"s), GTA2DowntownDiesv1.0 and 1.5 ".gmp"s, gta2a.gmp, gta2dd.gmp, GTA2millenium.gmp, gtainvasion.gmp, gtaspace.gmp, Gun'N'Molotov Arena.gmp, Harbor Town.gmp, hard race.gmp, hingta.gmp, Hometown_comp.gmp, hp.gmp, hs180.gmp, hstd.gmp, ihp.gmp, illMP.gmp, industrial_island.gmp, IntruderAlert.gmp, isc.gmp, jailbreak.gmp, jamals gun arena.gmp, Kc.gmp, Killtown.gmp, koktailsgame.gmp, koktailsworld.gmp, krishna_city.gmp, kt.gmp, Labyrinth.gmp, Light Headed 3.gmp, littlec.gmp, Loony_Town.gmp, loonyzooka.gmp, lorne2e.gmp, lorne2eedited.gmp, lorne2h.gmp, lorne2h_mod.gmp, lorne2m.gmp, maarte.gmp, mafia.gmp, Mal's_Race.gmp, ManDang_Race.gmp, map.gmp, Map1.gmp, mapka!.gmp, marc.gmp, matek_arena.gmp, matrix.gmp, mechwar.gmp, mi.gmp, miami.gmp, miami2.gmp, MibArena.gmp, mibcity.gmp, mike1e.gmp, mike1h.gmp, mike1m.gmp, mike2e.gmp, mike2h.gmp, mike2m.gmp, mike2m_mod.gmp, mini_city.gmp, minihs.gmp, mollyparty.gmp, MP1-comp.gmp, MP2-bil.gmp, MP2-comp.gmp, MP5-comp.gmp, ms (cage, cops, football, ghetto, graves, race, ship ".gmp"s), My Map 1-2-3-4 ".gmp"s, Mylevel.gmp, mymap3.gmp, naglez_map.gmp, Nest.gmp, newnp.gmp, NewTown.gmp, nyc.gmp, obt 1 and 2 ".gmp"s, oilrig.gmp, pacman.gmp, palm.gmp, pedroundup.gmp, pilka.gmp, powerl.gmp, PragerStrasse.gmp, prison_break.gmp, prison_break_race.gmp, prison_zooka_game.gmp, ptb.gmp, pushuland.gmp, pza.gmp, Race adv.gmp, Race adv2.gmp, Race adv2c.gmp,
Race adv2z.gmp, Race adv2z_nofence.gmp, race_of_speed.gmp, race4rockets.gmp, radio control arena.gmp, Raef_City.gmp, rat_race.gmp, RCA.gmp, rck.gmp, rcktmltdm.gmp, rcrace.gmp, Rick_Army.gmp, rick_space.gmp, rj_hostages.gmp, rmf.gmp, rob.gmp, rocha.gmp, Rocket_City.gmp, Rocket_Town.gmp, rocket4ever.gmp, rocketfjul.gmp, ROMA.gmp, roofmatch.gmp, rr.gmp, rst.gmp, rw.gmp, sanb.gmp, sc2.gmp, sca.gmp, shot!.gmp, ska.gmp, Soccer.gmp, southtown.gmp, ste.gmp, StPet1.gmp, suburban_anarchy.gmp, Super.gmp, super2.gmp, swt.gmp, t101d.gmp, takapajula.gmp, tankfunmap.gmp, tdm.gmp, Telephone-Call.gmp, tfatf2.gmp, The_Fighting.gmp, the2power.gmp, the8prison.gmp, TheTinest.gmp, TheTinestwater.gmp, TLT.gmp, tiny-hs-arena.gmp, tinytest.gmp, tinytiny-arena.gmp, tlr.gmp, TMCP.gmp, tokyo.gmp, towers.gmp, trains.gmp, tron-cycles.gmp, tron-jets.gmp, tt-tuning.gmp, tyfo.gmp, tyfo_army.gmp, tyfo-arena.gmp, tygang.gmp, tyt.gmp, tyty.gmp, tyty_army.gmp, tytyty.gmp, tytyty-arena.gmp, tzt.gmp, ud.gmp, uk.gmp, uk_mc.gmp, ut-fractal.gmp, ut-mazon.gmp, ut-niven.gmp, uzi_arena.gmp, vedic-assault.gmp, vedic-pirates.gmp, venericisle.gmp, vip2.gmp, war.gmp, wario5-01.gmp, wariotown.gmp, Water_Town.gmp, Water_World.gmp, wateryisle.gmp, weaponstore.gmp, western.gmp, wil.gmp, wil-multi.gmp, willy.gmp, w-junkyard.gmp, worstcity.gmp, wsm.gmp, wsrace.gmp, Yakuza_city.gmp, zaibatsu_city.gmp, zombies.gmp, zooka_areena.gmp, Zooka_arena.gmp, zooka6.gmp, zookaboxarena.gmp, ZT-Zooka Training.gmp. My maps are in the next reply.
Last edited by Galactic Boy on 07 Feb 2013, 09:53, edited 1 time in total.
Galactic Boy
Immortal

Post by Galactic Boy »

My maps:
100mdash.gmp
aaa.gmp (Army Assault Arena)
abs.gmp (Army Base Survivor 1 - Army Base Survivor Extreme)
abs2.gmp (Army Base Survivor 2)
abs3.gmp (Army Base Survivor 3)
abs4.gmp (Army Base Survivor 4)
abw.gmp (Army Base War)
abwsv.gmp (Army Base War Snowy Version)
atom.gmp (Abandoned Town Of Murderers)
atomsv.gmp (Abandoned Town Of Murderers Snowy Version)
bet (Bot Elvis Town)
bfo.gmp(Bot Face Off)
bhs.gmp (Bot Hidden Surprise)
br.gmp (Bank Robbery)
ca.gmp (Cowboy Arena)
copland1.gmp
copland2.gmp
copland3.gmp
copland4.gmp
csa.gmp (Cop Station Arena)
dmt.gmp (Death Match Town)
dmtsv.gmp (Death Match Town Snowy Version)
eaa.gmp (Elvis Assault Arena)
eb.gmp (Elvises' Base)
Electrified_Arena.gmp
fa.gmp (Football Arena)
fw.gmp (Forest War)
fwsv.gmp (Forest War Snowy Version)
Gang_Wars.gmp
gwsv.gmp (Gang Wars Snowy Version)
ghost_town.gmp
ghost_town_snowy_version.gmp
Gladiator_Arena.gmp
Gladiator_Arena2.gmp
hog.gmp (House Of Guns)
J-Lab.gmp
kaa.gmp (Krishna Assault Arena)
kk.gmp (Krishna Killer)
laa.gmp (Loony Assault Arena)
lba.gmp (Loony Boxes Arena)
mc1.gmp (Mafia City 1) (Under construction)
mc2.gmp (Mafia City 2) (Under construction)
mc3.gmp (Mafia City 3)
mc4.gmp (Mafia City 4) (Under construction)
mw1.gmp (Mafia Wars 1)
mw2.gmp (Mafia Wars 2)
mw3.gmp (Mafia Wars 3)
mw4.gmp (Mafia Wars 4 - Snowy City)
npt.gmp (North Pole Town)
pa.gmp (Prison Arena)
pb.gmp (Prisoners' Base)
pcw.gmp (Power Core War)
raa.gmp (Redneck Assault Arena)
rb.gmp (Rednecks' Base)
r2aa.gmp (Redneck Assault Arena 2)
Rocket_Arena.gmp
RV_OPRY.gmp
saa.gmp (Scientist Assault Arena)
sab.gmp (Survivor in the Army Base)
sabsv.gmp (Survivor in the Army Base Snowy Version)
src.gmp (Scientist Research Center)
ss.gmp (Space Station)
ssom.gmp (Space Station On Moon)
taa.gmp (Terrorist Assault Arena)
tat.gmp (Tiny Army Town)
tbrt.gmp (Tiny Bank Robber Town)
tbr2t.gmp (Tiny Bank Robber Town 2)
tct.gmp (Tiny Cop Town)
tc2t.gmp (Tiny Claude Town)
tc3t.gmp (Tiny Cowboy Town)
tc4t.gmp (Tiny Cowboy Town 2)
tc5t.gmp (Tiny Cowboy Town 3)
tc6t.gmp (Tiny Cowboy Town 4)
tdt.gmp (Tiny Driver Town)
tet.gmp (Tiny Elvis Town)
tft.gmp (Tiny FBI Town)
tf2t.gmp (Tiny Fireman Town)
tf3t.gmp (Tiny Fireman Town 2)
tf4t.gmp (Tiny Fireman Town 3)
tf5t.gmp (Tiny FBI Town 2)
tgt.gmp (Tiny Ghost Town)
tg2t.gmp (Tiny Guard Town)
tlm.gmp (The Loony Mansion)
tmt.gmp (Tiny Mugger Town)
tm2t.gmp (Tiny Medic Town)
tm3t.gmp (Tiny Mafia Town)
tm4t.gmp (Tiny Mafia Town 2)
tnt.gmp (Tiny Nude Town)
tot.gmp (Tiny Orion Town)
to2t.gmp (Tiny Orion Town 2)
to3t.gmp (Tiny Orion Town 3)
tpt.gmp (Tiny Poor Town)
tp2t.gmp (Tiny Poor Town 2)
tp3t.gmp (Tiny Prisoner Town)
tp4t.gmp (Tiny Poisoned Town)
tp5t.gmp (Tiny Psycho Town)
tp6t.gmp (Tiny Psycho Town 2)
trm.gmp (The Russian Mansion)
trt.gmp (Tiny Russian Town)
tr2t.gmp (Tiny Redneck Town)
tr3t.gmp (Tiny Redneck Town 2)
tr4t.gmp (Tiny Robber Town)
tr5t.gmp (Tiny Robber Town 2)
tst.gmp (Tiny Scientist Town)
ts2t.gmp (Tiny SWAT Town)
ts3t.gmp (Tiny SWAT Town 2)
ts4t.gmp (Tiny SWAT Town 3)
ts5t.gmp (Tiny SWAT Town 4)
ts6t.gmp (Tiny Scientist Town 2)
ts7t.gmp (Tiny Snowy Town)
ttt.gmp (Tiny Thief Town)
tt2t.gmp (Tiny Techno Town)
tt3t.gmp (Tiny Techno Town 2)
tt4t.gmp (Tiny Techno Town 3)
tt5t.gmp (Tiny Terrorist Town)
tt6t.gmp (Tiny Terrorist Town 2)
tvt.gmp (Tiny Vandal Town)
twt.gmp (Tiny Wavy Town)
tzm.gmp (The Zaibatsu Mansion)
tzm2.gmp (The Zaibatsu Mansion 2)
Vedic_Temple.gmp
Wild_West.gmp
yaa.gmp (Yakuza Assault Arena)
zaa.gmp (Zaibatsu Assault Arena)
All these maps are my own work.
Last edited by Galactic Boy on 07 Feb 2013, 13:10, edited 3 times in total.
Galactic Boy
Immortal

Post by Galactic Boy »

Pyro, The "Edit" button is my friend as you say. Because I writing very fast so I making a lot of writing mistakes.
Sektor
Boss
Boss
GH nick: Sektor

Post by Sektor »

Quality is more important than quantity [sm-57]

That being said, don't let quality get in the way of fun. Fun is the most important aspect. [sm-14]
Pyro
Immortal

Post by Pyro »

Galactic Boy wrote:Pyro, The "Edit" button is my friend as you say. Because I writing very fast so I making a lot of writing mistakes.
He says making three separate posts... :roll: And Sektor is right; quality over quantity! Also more fun when you know you're making a nice map with interesting buildings, features, details and more.
Galactic Boy
Immortal

Post by Galactic Boy »

Dear Pyro, I understand you and Sektor. You are all right :). But I don't like interesting buildings. In my opinion, they are very mixed. But I give importance details and features too. The reason of I write them in three posts is my posts have got about 60000 characters, so I made three separate posts. I will try write my letters in one post at the next time. :)
Pyro
Immortal

Post by Pyro »

Just to be picky you have about 8,200+ characters in those three posts, so well within the 60,000 limit :P

Anyway, back on topic... Just practice mapping and keep updating a map from feedback and your own ideas to make a good level. I for one have a fair few maps that I just experiment on and never see the light of day and that's why I don't actually have that many maps released. Not saying they're perfect but I'm satisfied with them that they are interesting and detailed enough especially the later maps I've made.

I can't understand why you say "I don't like interesting buildings"; why? Surely you can see that simple and plain box-shaped buildings are very boring (unless they are 'filler' buildings along map edges etc). Try putting slopes on them, making curved/angled buildings, walk-way access, jumping areas, details like balconies and fire escapes and the likes. Anything is better than boring boxes!
Galactic Boy
Immortal

Post by Galactic Boy »

Only 8200 characters, I'm surprised. It's very long post but it has got 8200 characters. :O
OK Pyro. I try them next time.