Block_fort_tag.zip [34.49 KiB]
Downloaded 1316 times
I've finally had a change to sit down and add a few things that were lacking in the original Block Fort Series. As part of this overhaul to my classic maps, I preset to you, the new Block Fort Tag!
This is an individual release of Block for Tag, which is designed to replace the previous version. Simply extract to your /gta2/data folder and overwrite any existing block fort files that it requests.Also
, you may have to clear the BFT-2p.mmp - BFT-6p.mmp files from your /gta2/data/tempmmp/ folder to clear out the Gamehunter stored mmps from the original version.
Here's whats been added:
1) Lights - You can now play in dusk mode with full lighting effects
2) Parked Cars - Balanced for multiplay, all parked cars respawn after a short delay.
3) Machine Gun Gang - Pickup the kill frenzy icon to add 9 gang members with machine guns to your party. If they die, visit a payphone to call off the mission. Then you can go back to any corner and pickup some more
4) 1 Player Army support - If you are bored with no one to play, play in 1 player mode to duke it out with the army.
5) Grey arrow removed - No more hard to see player one arrow, grey arrow is no longer a marker for any player.
6) Various other cosmetic fixes - changed spawn zone order, added more weapons, balanced gameplay.
7) .MIS file included - something that was left out in the original release, take a look at it if you like, its free to use in your own map if you like, just throw me a line in your special thanks
I hope that you enjoy this map as much as I've enjoyed making it. Look for more classic updates in the weeks/months to follow
[DAFE] - with his release of DDV, the coding he used proved invaluable to the development of some of the features used in this map. He's spent countless evenings going over line by line of code with me to tweak/fix. Thank you!
Sektor - Of course, without GameHunter, this community wouldn't exist. Way to go m8.
Razor - The machine gunner's gang was inspired by Razor's MStyle map, and much of the code in this release follows his blueprint. Thanks for a look at your .mis file man!
All my beta testers, such as [DAFE], Pige, ThePurpleNug, and our beloved Ronald_Reagan.
Signing out for now,