Cross Town

Post GTA1/GTA2 maps here (finished and work in progress).
Perfeks
Ped
Ped
GH nick: Perfeks

Cross Town

Post by Perfeks »

Hi everybody. I don't know if this forum and the GTA2 community is still active, but I made a map quite long ago and I just found this website, so I thought it could be a good idea to share it. This is my first and only map and I really don't know if I'm going to update it, but feel free to post any comments and suggestions ;)

It is an average-sized map (for multiplayer ofc). It has large roads for this size of map, what allows you to drive really fast. A funny thing is that it's an island and there is no borders (really fun to push your opponents or the cops into the water >:) )

There are all weapons and the more powerful they are, the more hidden they are (I think^^). It means, you'll find pistols kinda everywhere (almost on the road), but to find machineguns or shotguns, you'll have to go to small areas hardly accessible with a vehicle. And I'm not talking about rocket launcher and flamethrower :p.

max police level : 4
max players : 6
using wil.sty

Attachments
crosstown.zip
(23.46 KiB) Downloaded 585 times
Salamander
Janitor
Janitor
GH nick: Salamander
KingSalamander
Sally
[00]

Re: Cross Town

Post by Salamander »

Thanks for sharing!

"I don't know if this forum and the GTA2 community is still active"
See the timestamps on the latest posts.
elypter
Immortal
GH nick: elypter

Post by elypter »

It looks very well crafted. btw: also nice map image

I made a single mmp version added the image as preview for gh and the author:

http://gta2dare.omnitude.net/maplist/li ... sstown.mmp

if you want to add more information check this and ask me for the site-password so you can update

Edit: Could you please give us the .mis file so people can update/modify it and open it in TMs Editor
yur sa'nok ngeyä
Cuban-Pete
Immortal
GH nick: Cuban-Pete

Post by Cuban-Pete »

Hey, that looks nice. Gotta try it.

//just played it

Really nice map! Still gotta try it with like 4-5 players for good testing. Too bad that I often don't get that many players with low ping.

Is it me or does oil rig not show up? (I tried the one from gta2 maps website) (invulnerability also not showed up) ... is this perhaps because of playing it in "alone mode", elypter?

One small, tiny, tiny, thing I noticed. The TV van cable disk is pointing to nowhere. It should point to the starting point or something. Perhaps make it point to the rocket launcher, hehe. :lol:
"Mmmm, your eyes are so beautiful."
elypter
Immortal

Post by elypter »

invulv shows up for me but what do you mean with oilrig? i dont see one on the map.

All those things can only be changed with the .mis file
yur sa'nok ngeyä
Cuban-Pete
Immortal
GH nick: Cuban-Pete

Post by Cuban-Pete »

according to his map before the fire department second entrance there should be an vehicle oil slick. it's not there when playing the map (and yes, I waited a few minutes so guns and stuff spawn). the [gang] gang is visible, but invulnerability not. ...weird
"Mmmm, your eyes are so beautiful."
elypter
Immortal

Post by elypter »

i saw a car oil somewhere
yur sa'nok ngeyä
Perfeks
Ped
Ped
GH nick: Perfeks

Post by Perfeks »

Wow, didn't expect to have so much replies so quickly! Thank you for your comments.
Is it me or does oil rig not show up? (I tried the one from gta2 maps website) (invulnerability also not showed up) ... is this perhaps because of playing it in "alone mode", elypter?
They normally both show up, but with a long respawn time (because invulnerability is kinda cheat and oil slick can make the map unplayable quite fast^^"). I'm not sure about that, but when I play alone, all the items don't spawn at start, so you have to wait the respawn time. In multi they spawn at start.
One small, tiny, tiny, thing I noticed. The TV van cable disk is pointing to nowhere. It should point to the starting point or something. Perhaps make it point to the rocket launcher, hehe. :lol:
I didn't even know I could do that ^^". Thanks for the idea

I attached the .mis file
Attachments
crosstown.mis
(4.79 KiB) Downloaded 550 times