Bootcamp Team Capture the Vehicle v1.11

Post GTA1/GTA2 maps here (finished and work in progress).
Pyro
Immortal
GH nick: Pyro

Re: Bootcamp Team Capture the Vehicle v1.11

Post by Pyro »

Honestly I didn't think anyone played multiplayer in dusk mode ;) Looks fine on my screen, but maybe your brightness/contrast is different? Either way I added it and also updated the script (now v1.11).
BenMillard
Immortal
GH nick: BenMillard

Post by BenMillard »

Cheers, that helped. I'm using a big CRT, so black is almost literally black. On domestic LCDs used by PCs, black is usually grey. They go for fast response times to make games draw nicely, which means they lose great colour. (LCDs get better in this respect each year but that's the situation at the moment.)

1vs2 game was a 3-0 whitewash because has always recovered from respawn in time to shoot their APC as it exits their base. Or one of the 2-player side sequentially spawnkills the 1-player side, whilst the remaining player gets the APC to their base.

2vs2 game would be good to test with the new layout. So would 2vs3, if the players were careful about their joining order.
Pyro
Immortal
GH nick: Pyro

Post by Pyro »

BenMillard wrote:Cheers, that helped. I'm using a big CRT, so black is almost literally black. On domestic LCDs used by PCs, black is usually grey. They go for fast response times to make games draw nicely, which means they lose great colour. (LCDs get better in this respect each year but that's the situation at the moment.)
Yup. I have a 22" widescreen LCD running at 1680x1050 and, while the other colours are very nice, black isn't really as "black" as it should be. Like you say they have come a long way and getting much better! Currently looking at a new Dell 24" LCD (running at 1920x1080) with multiple inputs (HDMI, DVI etc) so it can go with my new Blu-ray player. Of course, it's not the Dell Ultrasharp series (those have a contrast ratio of 80,000:1! Oh, and about £460 plus VAT). :)
BenMillard wrote:1vs2 game was a 3-0 whitewash because has always recovered from respawn in time to shoot their APC as it exits their base. Or one of the 2-player side sequentially spawnkills the 1-player side, whilst the remaining player gets the APC to their base.
That is one of the biggest problems with team games is when the teams are uneven. As you know I've tried to balance the respawn area so you don't get spawnkilled and placed vehicle mine pickups (but obviously don't want mine "spamming") that can help. Perhaps adding vehicle mines inside the bases might help too (right next to the vehicle machine gun spawns - speaking of those, they are almost redundant seeing as every vehicle starts with 99 ammo - except the APC's but a sneaky APC driver can collect them on the way in/out).

Also considered a "invulnerability" timer after you die for about 5 seconds or so (not a pickup but a scripted event), long enough to deter spawn killing and short enough not to have too much impact. Something to consider anyway.
BenMillard wrote:2vs2 game would be good to test with the new layout. So would 2vs3, if the players were careful about their joining order.
I've asked the RM guys to test as well and they said they would after their Zooka Arena tournament they had, but I might have to poke them again about it :P
BenMillard
Immortal
GH nick: BenMillard

Post by BenMillard »

JackSparrow and I played this. 2 good players = stalemate. Quite frustrating for attacking. Rewards slow, defensive play.

Would be interesting to see how it plays in 4P. Did that happen?
elypter
Immortal
GH nick: elypter

Post by elypter »

there is one thing on the map that makes it almost unplayable.
when the owner of a base damages the van until it burns the invader has almost no chance to get the van to his base. i suggest that it should be undamageable until it leaves the base. and when destroyed it should instantly respawn and not wait until it is out of sight. You could use a crane to deliver a new one.
yur sa'nok ngeyä