Hidden Surprise Revised

Post GTA1/GTA2 maps here (finished and work in progress).
Gustavob
Immortal
GH nick: Gustavob
|Gustavob|

Hidden Surprise Revised

Post by Gustavob »

HSrevised.rar
Hidden Surprise Revised by Gustavob
(5.39 KiB) Downloaded 643 times
HS revised 2.rar
HS Revised 2
(5.02 KiB) Downloaded 660 times
Thanks to Lantyz for original script, B-$hep for making a tool for finding player coordinates, Sektor for starting with Face Off Revised idea and Razor for giving the idea of making other default maps revised like that one. I just replaced Invisibility pickup with a Health pickup wich wasn't there in original Hidden Surprise and set the ambient level to ( 0.3 , 3 ). Post here for any suggestions.

EDIT: changed policelevel to 5
EDIT: Added HS Revised 2 with these changes:
Replaces invis with health and mines with molotovs and adds a rocket launcher to the building after the ramp used to get into the zig-zag tunnel that goes to health and molotovs (suggestion by Anton)
Last edited by Gustavob on 26 Jan 2010, 14:51, edited 5 times in total.
You just lost the game.
Razor
Lunatic
Lunatic
GH nick: Razor, R

Re: Hidden Surprise Revised

Post by Razor »

changre ammo from 10 to 5 :) then i think we will use that map at clanwars
Gustavob
Immortal
GH nick: Gustavob
|Gustavob|

Post by Gustavob »

Done
You just lost the game.
Razor
Lunatic
Lunatic
GH nick: Razor, R

Post by Razor »

<3 U
Sektor
Boss
Boss
GH nick: Sektor

Post by Sektor »

We still need to update the arrow colours on all these revised maps. On this one, player 3 has the hard to see Zaibatsu grey arrow.

At some point, it might be better to make the change in the sty file so it fixes all maps that use that sty. The problem with that would be it would change the arrow colours in singleplayer and some might not like that. It would also make my patch much larger.
BenMillard
Immortal
GH nick: BenMillard

Post by BenMillard »

I tend to make the black one last in the levels I make.

In DeCon Labs, all joiners are Zaibatsu and the arrow colour contrasts against the mostly sandy backgrounds. (By the time you get onto stairs there, no long-range attacks are possible so even then it is fine.

If you change the .sty then one of the colours will swap position with Black. So in levels where P4, P5, P6 or one team are Black, those players will become a colour and some earlier player may become Black.

As such, I think the only solution is for mission scripters to use character colours sensibly. I wrote a tutorial with GTA2 players colours, with black at the end. It's just about the smallest script possible.
Sektor
Boss
Boss
GH nick: Sektor

Post by Sektor »

I meant make all the arrows more visible in the style file, I wouldn't switch their colours but they might be better without transparency and with a border, if that is even possible.

The script way should be used for now. 6 players is rare, so doesn't really matter if that player has a hard to see arrow although could give them the pink arrow. The green arrow can be hard to see when on grass and other arrows on matching surfaces, it's hard to get it perfect but the colour order in your example script seems best for most maps.

SCR Tool can be used to change colours on .scr files that we don't have the .mis file for, so in theory we could fix every scr.