Tiny San Andreas? MP map I started from scratch today (WIP)

Post GTA1/GTA2 maps here (finished and work in progress).
Sektor
Boss
Boss
GH nick: Sektor

Re: Tiny San Andreas? MP map I started from scratch today (W

Post by Sektor »

Running around as normal while on fire looks funny, I like it.
Devastator
Hitman
Hitman

Post by Devastator »

I'm gonna leave two NPCs on the map, the super slow flame thrower zombie in the orchard & the slow Dock Worker leader, that way players can intentionally set themselves on fire or cripple themselves. It's really fun running around on fire, especially given the greater risk of dying.

Do you know the exact address to set permanent electro fingers like the invisibility address? I'm going to see if I can do something with it.
Devastator
Hitman
Hitman

Post by Devastator »

Moved the "firehouse" over to another map, due to not fitting in with the overall feel of this map.

More progress. Black tiles on the ground outline where building's will go.

Almost have the main play area done. Working on peripheral arenas afterwards. The last pictures are of one such arena, the Rocket Catacombs. Upon entering it all weapons will be taken from you. Only rockets will be used here. There's two health tokens & four rocket launcher generators, with a fast respawn rate. They only have three rockets each. However, when you enter this zone, your speed is increased to 8 & you have no reload times for the rocket launcher.
Attachments
southwest.png
south.png
south2.png
plaza.png
rocketcatacombs2.png
rocketcatacombs1.png
Sektor
Boss
Boss

Post by Sektor »

Devastator wrote:Do you know the exact address to set permanent electro fingers like the invisibility address? I'm going to see if I can do something with it.
Same address as invis and other things, just different values depending on the combinations that are enabled (invisibility, on fire, invulnerable, electrofingers, shadow and probably some more)

[mis]COUNTER in
COUNTER out = 67108865 // electrofingers
//COUNTER out = 33554433 // invis
SET in = (p1+540)
CHANGE_GANG_CHAR_RESPECT (in, out, 114)[/mis]

If you want to find out your own value for a specific combination then you can use this code. Pick up the powerups you want and then the player's score will be the magic number you can use in your script. There is another way but it involves using bitmasks and it's annoying to do in GTA2 script without a XOR command.

[mis]
SET in = (p1+540)
CHANGE_GANG_CHAR_RESPECT (in, out, 104)
ADD_SCORE (p1,-99999999)
ADD_SCORE (p1,out)
[/mis]
Devastator
Hitman
Hitman

Post by Devastator »

Thanks a million Sektor
elypter
Immortal
GH nick: elypter

Post by elypter »

you can check if bit X is set by (var mod 2^x)/2^x and add/remove it by adding/substracting 2^x if it is set/not set.

mod can be implemented by x-((var/x)*x)

so, yeah, its a big fuckery. it works because gta throws away the remainder because all variables are ints.
yur sa'nok ngeyä
Devastator
Hitman
Hitman

Post by Devastator »

Damn, that testing code doesn't seem to work on Double Damage or Fast Reload.
Sektor
Boss
Boss

Post by Sektor »

Probably because they modify weapons, I think this location is just used for player modifications.

Instant gang seems to get fast reload and double damage when the player gets it, so there must be a way to use them on any ped.
Devastator
Hitman
Hitman

Post by Devastator »

It's interesting, when you're attacking with your code it sets the player score to 2049.
elypter
Immortal

Post by elypter »

was it 1 before?
yur sa'nok ngeyä
Devastator
Hitman
Hitman

Post by Devastator »

Yeah it goes up from 1 to 2049, back down to 1 when you stop attacking.
Devastator
Hitman
Hitman

Post by Devastator »

When I throw a grenade it sets the counter at 4194305 & it stays there.
elypter
Immortal

Post by elypter »

http://www.binaryhexconverter.com/decim ... -converter

script variables seem to be 32 bit long this one spans over multiple game variables. the last byte(8 bits) is for the powerups. actually not a surprise since you can have scores greater than 64k. it could have something to do with the fire animation. you should try out what happens if you force set those fire and grenade bits to 0.
yur sa'nok ngeyä
Devastator
Hitman
Hitman

Post by Devastator »

I noticed the address 16777217 when the player is on fire. So naturally I wanted to experiment with it. I started out with making it so that firing the flame thrower would set you on fire. But I then noticed the flamethrower arc changed. I thought maybe this had to do with the increased run speed I've set for when you're on fire, but I tested it further & it's specifically when you set the address manually. In this video I made it so that when you get on fire it sets the address again, to demonstrate the shift in the flamethrower arc. Looks pretty cool.

elypter
Immortal

Post by elypter »

nice. btw you can test maps without having to go to the menu and running it as single player. just dont specify a player count and create a link to gta2.exe -c
yur sa'nok ngeyä
BenMillard
Immortal
GH nick: BenMillard

Post by BenMillard »

Some really creative modifiers. Changing player graphics in realtime to indicate health levels and other modes is a fantastic use of the new capabilities.
Devastator
Hitman
Hitman

Post by Devastator »

Thank you! My only concern is if any of this could cause desync. I don't know what would or not.

Here's an example of the code I used if anyone wants to implement something similar,

IF (CHECK_CHARACTER_HEALTH (p1, 1))
SET_CHAR_GRAPHIC_TYPE (p1, DUMMY_GRAPHIC, 9)
ENDIF
IF (CHECK_CHARACTER_HEALTH (p1, 25))
SET_CHAR_GRAPHIC_TYPE (p1, GANG_GRAPHIC, 9)
ENDIF
IF (CHECK_CHARACTER_HEALTH (p1, 101))
SET_CHAR_GRAPHIC_TYPE (p1, EMERG_GRAPHIC, 9)
ENDIF

IF (HAS_CHARACTER_DIED (p1))
SET_CHAR_GRAPHIC_TYPE (p1, GANG_GRAPHIC, 9)
ENDIF
Last edited by Devastator on 29 Jun 2017, 18:27, edited 1 time in total.
elypter
Immortal

Post by elypter »

nothing predictable should cause desyncs anymore
yur sa'nok ngeyä
Devastator
Hitman
Hitman

Post by Devastator »

There will be a few secret vehicles on my map. Three bullet & flame proof gun jeeps with no reload times & unlimited ammo, a special agent car that continuously gives you one ammo for both the shotgun & silenced machine gun when you're inside of it, both of which have no reload times. A bullet proof meteor with unlimited Vehicle Machine Guns with no reload times. A bullet proof medicar that gives you full health when you get into it (750 hit points). A bullet & rocket but not flame proof fire truck, which I'm hoping to make it so that if you hit someone with the water cannon all their weapons will be removed. & the tank, with 50 rounds of vehicle machine guns with no reload time, a tank cannon with no reload times, & similarly to the medicar will give you full health (750) when you enter it. It will also continuously give you one ammo for the minigun (pistol with no reload time) when you're in it.

Put together a video where I steal the tank. Didn't reveal the actual entry point to the area though.

Devastator
Hitman
Hitman

Post by Devastator »

Made a neighborhood arena north of the main play area. There's three entrances to it from the city area.

The tree half shadows visible in the pics mark where there is a 2 block wide flat hedge players can duck behind to take cover from enemy projectiles.

In the last picture is the secret agent compound in the bottom left corner which is not accessible from the suburbs, & north of that a smaller arena which you can get to from the suburbs by going under the bridge. I'm considering making an indestructible vehicle players can get into to teleport to the suburbs as well as a ship based rocket arena which is out of the way.
Attachments
neighborhood1.png
neighborhood2.png
neighborhood3.png