Driver 2's Havana map

Post GTA1/GTA2 maps here (finished and work in progress).
valps
Mugger
Mugger
GH nick: Valps

Driver 2's Havana map

Post by valps »

Hello, there! I'm just to finishing a map of my favourite city of Driver 2 (2000) playstation 1 game. Only still missing powerups and guns (in truth, I haven't any experience with powerups/guns locations strategy). What you think about?

EDIT: done :)

(sorry for my bad english)
Comparing the maps
Comparing the maps
0.png
0.png (218.61 KiB) Viewed 15938 times
1.png
1.png (21.8 KiB) Viewed 15938 times
2.png
3.png
4.png
55.png
6.png
Attachments
Driver2_Havana.rar
The map itself
(144.03 KiB) Downloaded 627 times
Last edited by valps on 13 Jan 2021, 16:56, edited 2 times in total.
JernejL
Hitman
Hitman
GH nick: RedShirt

Re: Driver 2's Havana map

Post by JernejL »

Looks like you put in decent amout of work, it also has lighting which is nice, it can be also a good multiplayer map!
valps
Mugger
Mugger

Post by valps »

Hello, there! I already done the map! Enjoy!

Any problems or suggests, I'm waiting.
Attachments
Driver2_Havana.rar
(144.03 KiB) Downloaded 613 times
YanWasowicz
Ped
Ped
GH nick: SVIDETEL-IEGOVY

Post by YanWasowicz »

Looks good! I can feel the effort and time spent on making that.
A proper dedicated outdoor area is a nice touch, and it can be better with some terrain diversity, like, say, having a few rivers and/or some hills not far from the town.
You should also make more pavement coverage along the roads and try not to make different types clash together, so it will look more like something you'd see yourself outside in the streets. I usually separate the different pavements by the "islands" (the zones where peds go and the buildings are, basically). Look at original GTA2 levels and some of the user-made ones, for a reference, - you can learn A LOT from the community.
Normally, the original GTA2 trees consist of 4 sloped blocks with 2 Z-levels used. It's hard to explain, so I think it would be easier for you to check how it is done yourself, you can look them up at any of the GTA2 levels.
I would also recommend you to look up BenMillard's, one of the old guards, web-site, projectcerbera.com, the GTA Wikia's GTA2 section, and some modding threads here, if you haven't already. All of them have plenty of useful (and interesting, too!) information about the modding of GTA2, including each questionable moment from X to Z.
Keep up your work!

P.S. I judged the level's looks by the screenshots you provided earlier, sorry for any probable mistake. I can't play the level outright just yet, but I will do so in a few days I think. I would write about it gameplay-wise after, then.
Holy cow, it's HUGE!
Galactic Boy
Immortal

Post by Galactic Boy »

It seems quite good. Map environment, lighting, buildings and the other stuff... Frankly I have to say that it's great to see that there is somebody who makes a GTA 2 map even in (almost :D) 2021. It makes me remember my old times on making new maps like a factory makes stuff serially. From where to where...
Sektor
Boss
Boss
GH nick: Sektor

Post by Sektor »

I love that maps are still being made for GTA2. I hope you don't mind, I removed the PlayerCount line from the mmp file and added the map to https://gtamp.com/maps/
valps
Mugger
Mugger

Post by valps »

Sektor wrote: 29 Apr 2021, 11:53 I love that maps are still being made for GTA2. I hope you don't mind, I removed the PlayerCount line from the mmp file and added the map to https://gtamp.com/maps/
Thank you so much!