Epic GTA2 Map Editor (0.6.6602) Beta

Anything to do with GTA1/GTA2 modding (tools, scripts and more).
T.M.
Immortal

Re: Epic GTA2 Map Editor (0.6.0) Beta

Post by T.M. »

Sektor wrote:It is or will it be possible to change height, width, x speed and y speed of conveyors?
Not yet, but you can rotate their direction.
BenMillard wrote:However, map should always be compressed and optimised
Yes, it will be. But you could still choose from those options if you for some reason dont want that.
BenMillard wrote:Also, it doesn't matter whether you've changed a particular section of the data. If you changed any part of a file, save every part of that file.
I dont see why i should waste time saving the parts that arent even changed... Although it will kind of save every part of the file again and thus change the last modification date, if you're concerned about that.
BenMillard wrote:Having thought some more, I'm now thinking:
Good ideas! I will keep those in mind when i start working on it.
BenMillard wrote:Rationalising all those menu items into a set of panels, like DMA Editor has, would be the subsequent step.
Im not sure what you mean by "panels", i've tried to group them as much as possible, and you can always use ResHacker etc. to edit my menu if you know better grouping! Although, now it would be waste of time since i have edited lots of stuff in current version (which you dont have yet).
Sektor wrote:Always removing hidden faces shouldn't be forced
Having thought of this more, i think the button should be removed, since my editor would do the hidden surface removal on the fly: you wouldnt be able to create million cubes with all faces set like in DMA editor some people build maps. So i would add "material" in the editor, which would help on this.
Sektor wrote:One file part changed, save the whole file but don't save the .mis files if I only changed the .gmp.
Hmm, i think you guys feel that the file will be incomplete when i say it would only save the parts that changed? No, what i mean is that if you edit zones, it only saves the changed zone data, would leave other GMP file data unchanged. As i said earlier, i dont see point re-processing all of the data for nothing. Although, i could make it save it all at the first time using my editor, since my editor will save much tighter packed zones, lights and compressed map (after 7zipping you see the difference).
Sektor wrote:I don't want the modification dates or checksum to change if I didn't actually make any changes (sometimes saving without making changes does change a checksum with some editors, not sure about this one).
My editor wont change checksum if you save it twice without changes (even if it re-wrote the data, there wont be any dates etc. added which would cause to different checksum).
B-$hep wrote:T.M do you really figured out removing all possible hidden faces in map?

To make this work perfectly, one must think about every possible case with hidden faces in map.
Inside buildings, corners, floors, etc etc.
I did not. As i replied to Sektor, i think the problem lays on the way the DMA editor adds the blocks. Removing hidden surfaces is problematic, it should be optimizing the blocks while you place them, if you place two adjancent cubes, it would flag those faces to be removed, and when you remove one of the blocks, it would unflag those faces, so you can still place cubes everywhere, edit them as you like, but it would optimize the sides when you save (or probably for rendering too).
B-$hep wrote:It's possible of course, but is it worth the effort?
It doesn't give much with today's computers and free R* optimized GTA2 version.
There is not much worth, unless the user is very noob and builds up a huge area from cubes which all sides have tile set on them: this will cause (a lot) slower rendering even in my editor. I thought some more of this, and, i think its not possible to make the hidden surface removal as it (tries) to work on DMA editor, best i could do is to add "material" which you can use to build up buildings and other huge areas while keeping the insides empty. And if you remove a part of that building, it would automatically add tiles to those places where arent any tiles yet. In fact, i should disable the possibility to create million blocks to fill whole map with them with all sides set... since it would be pointless and only causes noobs to mis-use it.
BenMillard wrote:Front edge of first carriage stops just before entering the Station Stop Zone. Epic Map Editor places front edge of train engine just before exiting the zone. That's about 1 block difference since train engine is 2 blocks long.

The difference is enough for the first carriage doors to not work, if using how the train looked in Epic Map Editor
This has been fixed in the current (unreleased) version. Maybe i should release it soon... so many things changed.
Pyro
Immortal
GH nick: Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Ben pretty much nailed it...

I always end up optimising the map size after compressing so might as well do both in your editor in one go (not sure why DMA Editor even had a Save and Save Compressed when compressing it only takes about 2 seconds more :P ), so your default Save (and Save As) will always compress and optimise file size. Not sure why anyone wouldn't want to compress and optimise.

Also I like the idea of saving separate parts (GMP, MIS etc) though you can't really "save" a SCR file unless it's been compiled by the MIS compiler. Same goes for "saving" the STY file since yours can't (currently) modify the STY itself. Probably best to stick with the following for now:
  • Map Data (.gmp)
  • Mission Script Source (.mis)
Not sure about MMP file, but that is a 30 second job loading it in Notepad to make/edit one.

Also, about the "Removing Hidden Faces", as been mentioned, it shouldn't be enabled/ticked by default. Had a few problems in the past with this :roll:
Pyro
Immortal

Post by Pyro »

Found out the other day that in your zone editor it doesn't allow you to put underscores ("_") for zone names for some reason, perhaps you can add this in future? Cheers 8-)

PS - any news on progress?
T.M.
Immortal

Post by T.M. »

Indeed, i will try to add them. Not much changes in past month. I think i will release what i have done so far, soon.
Salamander
Janitor
Janitor
GH nick: Salamander
KingSalamander
Sally
[00]

Post by Salamander »

TM can you timestamp your releases? I've tested your map editor two or three months ago, I don't remember what version it was, and now all I see is TMsGTA2MapEditor060, no date.
T.M.
Immortal

Post by T.M. »

You can check the date in readme.txt or changelog.txt

Do you want me to put the date in the filename? I really wouldnt want to add any more stuff to the long filename.

Or do you mean i should put the date on the first post of this thread? I think there was, i guess i forgot this time. I fixed it now.
T.M.
Immortal

Post by T.M. »

NEW VERSION
I should have released this 4 months ago since i didnt make much changes after that, but here we go anyways:

------------------------------------
0.6.5 Beta (11.11.11)
------------------------------------
- Script editor menu will now be disabled when script file is not found. (confused some people to think they had script loaded after all).

- Added few new words to be highlighted in scripts. Also added back the HOTDOG_D1, HOTDOG_D2, HOTDOG_D3 and HOTDOG_D4 cars since they can actually be used. (i had thought they cause crash, and they might; havent fully tested, but it works on my test map).

- Fixed 320 palet limit and crash if more palets used! i really thought there was a limit for palets, seems i was wrong.

- Fixed rotation and transparency on CHANGE_BLOCK SIDE/LID objects. Note: the CHANGE_BLOCK TYPE will not change the visual slope type! The reason is that i have no way of knowing which order the commands are executed from the script, to do this, i would have to parse the script perfectly and be able to run it exactly like in GTA2, and this is nearly impossible at this phase, and probably never will be possible in this editor.

- Added chunk info tool at 'file -> view -> Chunk info'. Displays all the chunk names from the currently open GMP and STY files with their sizes in bytes.

- "while-loop-objects" will show blueish background on the mouse tooltips now.

- Added stars visible at night mode! (when lighting is enabled). If it causes too much performance problems (out of GPU memory etc), you can disable it at settings.cfg: "load_starmap" set to "no".

- Fixed multiple object movement on map edges to not collapse the objects in one clump. (unless you move them by keys!). Also made it possible to select objects out of the map, and fixed the rendering too when objects were out of the map. (they were hidden before).

- Fixed bug making cursor icon switched into resize cursor icon at some rare cases.

- Fixed "zone data edited" flag when pressing F2 (rename) to a zone, but not making any changes to the name.

- Added THREAD_TRIGGER object support: pointing the objects linked to it with lines (only when selected the trigger or the object it points at).

- Added "RGEN" (aka junction list) into the removable chunks in GMP optimizer (tools -> gmp optimizer). This chunk seems to not be used by GTA2, nor DMA editor (DMA editor seems to generate it every time if it doesnt exist, so its not essential to any of the programs).

- Fixed big map image saving cancel button to NOT reset the editor view settings. Also added possibility to double-rightclick to save the image, and also added better tooltip for this tool to show some info and help.

- Added hardware info collector, stores it in debug.txt and will upload it once to a remote server at first start of each version of this program. if you have problems on using this editor, you could just paste the sysid.txt contents (8 bytes!), and i can see from the logs which system you are using the editor with. Also this is a preliminary test for the upcoming server-side features, such as: easy custom car download/install, coop-map editing, partial map pieces sharing, partial script sharing, integrated map download, latest new maps list/download, automatic map upload to gtamp.com etc.

- Fixed some script objects rendered incorrectly in 2d mode.

- Added inverted selection for script objects: SHIFT+CTRL (useful if you want to deselect already selected object).

- Improved light editor light bulbs rendering speed a lot. Also added 2d render/editing mode.

- Improved 2d map render speed a lot, and fixed some rendering issues on 2d sprites render.

- Zone editor now has Restart zone as the default zone type with name "rest1", because restart zone is mandatory for every map and i usually only place the restart zone to be able to play the map in gta2!

- Fixed Zone editor zone placement on edges (wont snap only at the map 4 corners anymore if you move mouse out of map edges).

- Fixed PLAYER_PED with sprite animations being too much above ground level.

- Added WARP_FROM_CAR_TO_POINT object support. Will use the same rendering as PLAYER_PED with correct remap colors, also points to the PLAYER_PED with animated lines.

- Script object coordinates are now force-limited to 1 block from map edges when saving script. This because most of the time when objects are placed at the edges, the game will crash. In fact, you should avoid placing anything 2 blocks away from edges (because some cars are so long that if you rotate them to get out of map, then game will crash, same with big explosions too).

- Fixed movement bug with multimove by mouse when one of the objects has only 1 block precision movement. (you cannot move more than one 1-block-precision objects at once with mouse because it will bug, waiting for better fix in the future).

- Fixed some possible crashes which hadnt been reported yet.

- Fixed rendering when looking almost directly up from low altitude (map didnt render).

- Rewrote some parts of maplist.txt generation, might fix the problem with "(null)" appearing in the paths in maplist.txt. Also might fix some problems about finding gta2.exe. Also made the default file find text to "gta2.exe", so you only need to find the gta2 folder and press enter.

- Fixed the train sprite starting position to match the bugged position in GTA2 when train is going left or up. So it should render trains exactly like they are in GTA2 now. Also fixed the zone handling: top-left corner of the train zones is the part that affects. If train stop zone isnt placed on a train track then gta2 will crash. (even though, the train stop zone should be made 1x1 always).

- Fixed syntax colors and font appearing weird if the file "mis.stx" was not found for some reason. Also fixed some typos in the mis.stx and added some more missing keywords in there.

- Added SOUND object ranges visible: rendering as a cylinder, since GTA2 sounds seem to be 2d sounds after all. enabled when object is selected and spacebar pressed.

- Added some objects (OBJ_DATA etc) sound ranges. The objects that create sounds are: CONVEYOR, ringing phones, FIRE, BLASTER. Can be useful especially if you want to use the fire sound by placing the FIRE object hidden somewhere. The rendering of these sound ranges are not perfect, expect to see stuff getting invisible inside the transparent cylinder.

- Fixed multiple objects selection rectangle to be visible in 2d mode too.

- Added new shortkey: "numpad ," (might be dot instead of comma in the numpad key on some keyboards, and usually with "del" text in the button too). This will move camera to selected object(s) middle position. Handy if you look where some line is going at from the object, and then want to quickly go back to your selection again, or if you just want to focus camera in center of some object for some reason.

- Added new menu option: "File -> Copy -> Script to clipboard", does what it says it does. Handy if you want to paste the script quickly to the MisPad or etc.

- Added a fallback script for maps without .scr file, so you can always test any map on gta2 even if it doesnt have .scr file. Note that the fallback script is practically empty: it has only 1 player start position in the middle of the map at z-position 7. The fallback script has name "tmsemptyscript.scr" which will be copied to the gta2/data folder if it doesnt exist yet.

- Added sounds internal names visible used by GTAWave (with my edited list of names!). I have copied the "bil.sdf" from GTAWave and modified it a lot by grouping the sounds into better categories (such as CAR_ENGINE_ and WEAPON_) to be able to sort them better, also i fixed lots of typing errors so they match better the sound type names that SOUND objects uses, this makes it easier to find them in GTAWave. Note that since some SOUND objects have more than one sound playing, the editor will display only one of those, and there is possibility that i have written wrong sounds, so if you notice weirdness in the names, let me know. Also note that those sounds are only for bil.sty (->bil.raw), other sty files have some sounds different (i was told).

- Changed default button to "No" when adding new files via "File -> Open..." or by doubleclicking GMP/STY file. This should speed up opening a file (by pressing enter/space) since most people will only choose one file. Also i added a questionmark icon in that messagebox.

- If you save a map (compressed) which has MapArea MMP tag defined, the map will now be saved with repeated edges. But if you open the same (MMP) file in the editor, it will not display those repeated edges, UNLESS you choose to display them from the options (options -> rendering settings -> repeat maparea edges -> enable). This happens because the MapArea crops the map by default, thus removing the repeated edges, they are supposed to be visible only in GTA2 just to emulate dynamic sized maps!

- Optimized the MapArea (new mmp tag) edge repetition: will not display left/right sides of a block if it is being repeated at the left or right side of the MapArea rectangle. Same with top/bottom but the two other sides hidden instead. Also the corner pieces will not display left/right/top/bottom sides at all, only the lid! since you cant see them. I added this functionality because repeating useless sides of the blocks will make the rendering slower. You can disable this optimization from: "options -> rendering settings -> repeat maparea edges -> optimize..." if it causes problems.

- Fixed 2d render to render script objects always in the correct order; some objects were rendered in wrong order and sometimes different zoom levels changed the objects visibility.

- Added maplist to show the map minimap image when choosing map from "Quick open" list. You can speed this up by going to menu: "Options->Editor settings->Generate all minimap thumbs". Can be disabled in "settings.cfg" with name "quick_map_preview", or in the menu: "Display->Quick map preview".

- Added option to change water color from the nice blue to anything you like. Use "water_color" in settings.cfg, it takes 3 float (decimal) values in range 0 to 1 (can make higher than 1 though), 3 values are r, g and b color multipliers applied to water color. "1 1 1" will produce unchanged water colors, where "0 0 0" will produce black water.

- Added automatic crash log uploading option to a remote server if the editor crashed at previous run.

- Added possibility to send Feedback and Bug reports directly from the program. "Contact -> Send..."

- Added "hash2name.txt" to contain the "data/minimaps" folder minimap filenames linked to the map name/gmp/sty names. Useful if you were browsing the minimaps folder and you want to know which map it is.

- Changed "you have edited..." etc confirmation messageboxes so you can press ESC button to cancel.

- Fixed some rendering bugs and optimized rendering a bit (for some users it might give twice more fps!).

- Added more definitive names for the unused zone names: Unused3 = police station, Unused4 = fire station, Arrow blocker = hospital. The hospital name was incorrectly used by many people, so i added it back because people kept asking where is that zone name! (click view all zones above the list to see them).

- Added possibility to switch easily between all zone types and only the usable ones. (reason explained above).

- Added quick settings for zone render styles: render colored, few colored, or none colored. none colored will make the rendering faster than colored since it doesnt render transparent layers, use it if you have performance issues!

- Added "Image" menu option in the "Edit:" list. Image menu is used to create map images. Since i havent seen anyone using this feature yet, i thought this should give it more attention as it can be useful when sharing map images when you want to actually see ALL of the map objects in the screenshot.

- Changed loading.tga image and functionality; you can now edit it to any size easily.

- Added REMOVE_BLOCK and ADD_NEW_BLOCK script commands support. rendered as wireframed cubes.

- Fixed some minor bugs.

- Cleaned lots of the messy source code. Worth mentioning when thinking about the time taken to it...

- Changed the screenshot button (F12) behaviour: it wont display the recent actions list nor the script editor cursor in the screenshot anymore!

- Added isometric render option: "options -> rendering settings -> isometric render mode -> enable", or press "Numpad9".

- Added camera recording options: "options -> camera -> record camera". It will create "camrec.dat" once you record the camera.

- Added more debugging info and enabled debug after the first initialization too. (if you click something and it crashes, i might have a possibility to know where you crashed by looking at debug.txt).

- Added "object directions" feature (CTRL+H) to menu too "options -> script objects -> show object direction lines".

- Optimized the text (and sprites shadows) rendering on GPU and CPU side, a bit less CPU usage now, thus perhaps a little bit more FPS.

- Added check if the editor is already running, will pop up a warning then.

- updated the SDL_image dll's to latest versions. Woah, got smaller files too.

- Fixed the user text input for zone editor (and rest if they use it), now it reads any letter user gives (no unicode though).

- Added quick MMP saving: "file -> save -> MMP", will just write simple MMP file with the currently open map files. Note: if you opened the editor outside of the GTA2 data folder then the paths will not work. I used this when i opened first GMP file and then editor asked for STY file and i was done.

- Added example map with huge example script featuring almost all possible stuff that the editor can display. Files are in folder "data\maps\example", or you can just click it from the maplist: "10 trains example map" and press enter and type "test" and it will copy the files to gta2 data folder. This map also features the maximum amount of trains (10), and the map is carefully built so the trains wont cause any crashes! It took many hours to build that map and slowly finding out the logic of trains crashing while doing it, (which i now have forgot lolol).

- Added SCR decompiler! If the map does not have .mis file, the editor will decompile the SCR file and return almost fully decompiled script! Note: the decompiled script will lack all IF/WHILE etc structures! It may not be compileable as it is, so you may need to edit it in order to compile it. All decompiled files are stored into folder "data/decompiled/". If you want to re-decompile the SCR file then you must reload the maplist. If the map doesnt have .scr file, then it will decompile the default SCR file which is shipped with this editor (it contains 1 player and minimal script). This tool is also accessible via menu: "tools -> decompile SCR to MIS", if you choose a base script file and it has a folder with same name, it will give an option to decompile ALL mission scripts from that folder!

- Added SCR optimizer "tools -> SCR optimizer", it will clean the end of the file with nullbytes (max 5120 bytes). Why? it might be possible that this data includes your personal information, passwords or anything you dont want others to see. Also, this will make the script compressed better! (max 5kb smaller though). Note: this doesnt optimize mission scripts since there is no extra data at all. If your script stops from working after optimizing, go to "data/backup/SCR/" folder to get the backup from it, however, it is _very very super very very very_ very! unlikely, and if this happens, PLEASE TELL ME ABOUT IT, and give me the working version and the one that doesnt work! Note: each map has zonenames in end of the .scr file, but this tool doesnt clean those, it finds the correct length of that data block and keeps it unchanged!

- Added own color for subroutine names in the script preview (white).

- Added button to show the full file paths for all the files (file -> view -> file paths).

- Changed some keys (Y and F) to work with SHIFT combination to cause less confusion.

- Pressing "T" (top-down view) wont show recent actions message anymore if its already top-down view.

- Added distance calculator for script editor: if you select two objects, it will show their distance at the statusbar. Good if you need precise distances to check everything is at even distance!

- Added own icon for crane bonus spawner object with spinning animation.

- Fixed to make it possible to have any car model as a trailer, i had not allowed other models for some reason, but its possible in GTA2!

- Fixed crane ranges to be squares instead of circles! it seems to be that GTA2 uses simple box check for the crane ranges! damn. (press space to see them).

- Speeded up the loading of the editor when clicking GMP, STY or MMP files to open with.

- Added support for speciality with TRUKTRNS as car model with some other car as trailer: the trailer will get on top of the car resulting in a trailer that has a car on top of it, this works only with TRUKTRNS model!

- Added option to launch map directly to GTA2 when clicking MMP map, it will ask for it each time MMP file is opened. enable in settings.cfg: "mmp_launcher_options = yes" or in menu: "options -> editor settings -> Show 'start in gta2' option when clicking MMP files".

- Fixed script preview font letter "D", looked weird in "MD".

- Fixed trains being visible even with no carriages: gta2 doesnt support trains without carriages!
Sektor
Boss
Boss
GH nick: Sektor

Post by Sektor »

Another huge changelog :)

I think the SCR compiler is my favourite new feature. That example map is cool.
Cuban-Pete
Immortal
GH nick: Cuban-Pete

Post by Cuban-Pete »

Wow, big list! Nice work, thanks! :)

I also saw the new loading icon, it reminded me of the motel sign (see below). So I tried to recreate it with loading text. Hope you like it. [respect]
motel.png
motel.png (6.78 KiB) Viewed 24262 times
loading2.png
loading2.png (20 KiB) Viewed 24262 times
"Mmmm, your eyes are so beautiful."
Pyro
Immortal

Post by Pyro »

Must send hardware info or else...
Must send hardware info or else...
tm-mapviewer02.jpg (12.03 KiB) Viewed 24256 times
Did you actually program this for hardware info to be sent? :| A bit weird also that you must send the info before using the program otherwise it closes. Would have thought with the amount of people who use it you could probably ask here anyway unless you really need the specific info that it contains.
T.M.
Immortal

Post by T.M. »

Pyro, If you would like not to send the hardware info, you can send me 50€ instead. Deal? Seriously though... whats the big deal? you only send it once per version, that means twice a year in current phase of updates.

--

Thanks Sektor and Cuban-Pete; i wasnt able to make that look good in the current way how the image is rendered, i wouldnt bother improving it though, the current image is fine i think ;)
Pyro
Immortal

Post by Pyro »

Calm down, jeez. Fortunately in your case at least it asked to send info. As a rule I always question why ANY program should send information like that, personal or not.
BenMillard
Immortal
GH nick: BenMillard

Re: Epic GTA2 Map Editor (0.6.5) Beta

Post by BenMillard »

Firstly, the breadth and detail this tool has captured is amazing. Makes me think of Steve-M's viewer tools for the 3D GTA series, although speed does seem difficult to achieve on old machines like mine.

The data upload should be optional and shouldn't block people from using the program. Mostly it's just courtesy but it's also covered by national laws. Such as the Data Protection Act in the UK.

The wording of the message windows which lead up to it could be refined. There only needs to be one message window, too, showing what will be sent and allowing you to decline.

FWIW, I sent my hardware specs as it was pretty anonymous and very technical. Have probably posted the basic stuff in this thread already! But specifics like the OpenGL Extensions and graphics cards in laptops could be really handy for TM to focus performance and compatibility work. (Often the most boring yet most important work!)

Would be nice to take screen-size screenshots from maps. Then I could scale them by neater fractions to fit other screen sizes. Or even to make desktop wallpapers from scenes in the viewer.
T.M.
Immortal

Post by T.M. »

Pyro wrote:Calm down, jeez. Fortunately in your case at least it asked to send info. As a rule I always question why ANY program should send information like that, personal or not.
Indeed, you would be surprised how much personal information they collect from you elsewhere. If they told you this before collecting it, you wouldnt be using any of the services, or at least you would always press "NO" and thats not what they want people to do. Its pretty normal that every website (=program) collects at least your screen resolution, OS version, country name, IP/host, previous page you came from (VERY PERSONAL!), and your browser name and version. And on top of that: they dont even ask you permission, they just TAKE IT. some websites even spy which other sites you have visited... and many websites spy your mouse cursor movement. they simply use it to optimize the usability of the website. i think i'll stop here, you'll get too paranoid. :lol:
BenMillard wrote:Firstly, the breadth and detail this tool has captured is amazing. Makes me think of Steve-M's viewer tools for the 3D GTA series, although speed does seem difficult to achieve on old machines like mine.
Thanks! Im not sure how i can optimize this any further, i think your problem lays on your opengl version/support, most cards support directX by default and with most performance. i might make it faster for you if i switched to directX but that would be like rewriting the whole thing... well, most of it. and its not really what i want since directX isnt supported on other machines than windows AFAIK. i like opengl more too.
BenMillard wrote:The data upload should be optional and shouldn't block people from using the program. Mostly it's just courtesy but it's also covered by national laws. Such as the Data Protection Act in the UK.
Why would i want to allow assholes to use the program? seriously... its just one OK button, if someone is too pussy to press it, then hes not worth using the program. Oh, and you can still use the program without internet connection, though. if someone wants to be an ass and plug out his cable just for that, then well, i can do nothing about it.
BenMillard wrote:The wording of the message windows which lead up to it could be refined. There only needs to be one message window, too, showing what will be sent and allowing you to decline.
isnt there? there pops up more windows only if you press cancel. although, you are right, there probably should be extra button saying "show information" etc. i was just too lazy to make custom window for it.
BenMillard wrote:But specifics like the OpenGL Extensions and graphics cards in laptops could be really handy for TM to focus performance and compatibility work. (Often the most boring yet most important work!)
Exactly!
BenMillard wrote:Would be nice to take screen-size screenshots from maps. Then I could scale them by neater fractions to fit other screen sizes. Or even to make desktop wallpapers from scenes in the viewer.
doesnt the fullscreen mode work anymore? or F11? you can enable fullscreen by creating "fullscreen.txt" (rather silly yeah).

Edit: it works, damn its fast too! i forgot how much speed it gives, i can render with 60fps whole map with all script objects! normally i get max 50fps in windowed mode. http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/1882 ... lhdkdw.jpg
Pyro
Immortal

Post by Pyro »

I work in IT industry and know what stuff can be tracked/sent anyway without you knowing it. And being paranoid? Grow up, seriously. Things like this should always be optional.

Oh, and calling people assholes and pussy's for not pressing an OK button is seriously immature, and the way you word it you put me in with that group too. Seriously?
T.M.
Immortal

Post by T.M. »

BenMillard
Immortal
GH nick: BenMillard

Post by BenMillard »

A small but annoying thing: Please make your newly integrated decompiler write the new .mis files to the gta2\data folder.

It currently writes them to the [map editor]\data\compiled folder. That's neither intuitive nor useful to other modders, imho.

Also, it didn't detect my GTA2 folder even though that was fine in earlier versions and GH knows it. When I used the menu, it was looking for gta2.exe within the gta2\data folder instead of just the gta2 folder.
T.M.
Immortal

Post by T.M. »

BenMillard wrote:A small but annoying thing: Please make your newly integrated decompiler write the new .mis files to the gta2\data folder.
I made them into editor folder because otherwise every map load would spam new files in the gta2 folder, and how would i go around with overwriting files? for example if you open MMP file from another folder than gta2/data, its possible that it has same filenames so it would either overwrite or ask user to overwrite; i dont want to bother users about that. Its like how map decompressing works: i dont save the decompressed maps in gta2/data folder (lol) its supposed to happen internally in the editor. and if you want to save the decompiled .mis file, you can always go to "file->edit->raw script" etc, or decompile the script again from "tools->decompile scr". I should add "save as->script" button though... Maybe i should also empty the "data/decompiled/" folder at each startup so it doesnt fill up with files that arent needed. Originally i intended to save the mis files in there so i dont need to decompile them again every time i load the map, but as i found out the decompiler is super fast so there is really no need for that, and also i thought it might be bad idea since i dont know if the SCR file has changed etc.
BenMillard wrote:Also, it didn't detect my GTA2 folder even though that was fine in earlier versions and GH knows it. When I used the menu, it was looking for gta2.exe within the gta2\data folder instead of just the gta2 folder.
Did you remove my editor regkey (or installed on another computer) ? i just wonder why didnt it detect gta2 if you have already used previous version.
Cuban-Pete
Immortal
GH nick: Cuban-Pete

Post by Cuban-Pete »

T.M. wrote:Thanks Sektor and Cuban-Pete; i wasnt able to make that look good in the current way how the image is rendered, i wouldnt bother improving it though, the current image is fine i think ;)
What?

To put it in your words: "That is pussy lame. Your fcking coding 2000 hours and putting in a nice image is too much work for your lazy asz? This shit is hitting the freaking fan, man!!11!1 If you don't like the image just fcking spit it out"

:mrgreen:
"Mmmm, your eyes are so beautiful."
T.M.
Immortal

Post by T.M. »

Im not sure what youre saying there... :? Your image looked great as it is, but it doesnt fit as the loading screen image, thats what i meant. I wouldnt bother making new image unless you tested it looks good by loaded within the editor too, since it renders it wackier there. But as i said... i wouldnt bother with it too much.