GTA2 SPLITSCREEN

Anything to do with GTA1/GTA2 modding (tools, scripts and more).
Razor
Lunatic
Lunatic
GH nick: Razor, R

GTA2 SPLITSCREEN

Post by Razor »

Is it possible to make a program that will run 4 gta2.exe processes windowed and each of them will be attached to other input devices (keyboard, 3 pads)? I'd like to make offline multiplayer mode at 1 pc and wondering is it possible ;]
Sektor
Boss
Boss
GH nick: Sektor

Re: GTA2 SPLITSCREEN

Post by Sektor »

I tried existing programs designed for that purpose but none of them worked with the way GTA2 handles input.

I have memory addresses for changing player position in any GTA2 window but it would ignore collisions, so while fun, we still need the input/movement memory addresses. So yes possible, just not yet.
Razor
Lunatic
Lunatic
GH nick: Razor, R

Post by Razor »

waiting then.
robotanarchy
Car Jacker
Car Jacker
GH nick: robotanarchy

Post by robotanarchy »

Sektor wrote:I tried existing programs designed for that purpose but none of them worked with the way GTA2 handles input.

I have memory addresses for changing player position in any GTA2 window but it would ignore collisions, so while fun, we still need the input/movement memory addresses. So yes possible, just not yet.
I found the memory address and started my own split screen mod (if you have any feedback to that mod, please post it in the linked thread) :)
GTA2 Hacker's Remix ...also check out my blog!