vike's GTA2 update patch enhancement upgrade fix v11.44

Anything to do with GTA1/GTA2 modding (tools, scripts and more).
Jozodezokokotar
Mugger
Mugger
GH nick: Jozodezokokotar

Re: GTA2 v11.3

Post by Jozodezokokotar »

Sektor wrote:The GTA2 singleplayer menu doesn't support higher than 640x480, so it will just do that top left corner thing unless you run in 640x480 or a window.
Earlier GTA2 versions nicely stretched that little corner thing to fullscreen. This is v11.3 issue, as it doesn't stretch menu.
Sektor wrote:Radio is meant to cut off under a tunnel.
Well, see the video
Lantyz
Psycho
Psycho
GH nick: Lantyz

Post by Lantyz »

Jozodezokokotar wrote: 9. Audio seems to be screwed up, increasing its frequency when you're in a tunnel driving any law enforcement vehicle.
To reproduce this issue - enter cop car, swat van, fbi car, pacifier, jeep or tank and drive under any "obstacle" (until purple arrow appears) and wait. The sound starts at very low frequency and goes to higher and higher until it becomes irrigating and finally inaudible to human ears.
I know what you mean, but I've heard this high pitched noise in the retail game and in every vehicle while driving in a tunnel. I've always found it peculiar, but it's not caused by 11.3. I assumed it was normal.
Jozodezokokotar
Mugger
Mugger

Lantyz wrote: ...
but it's not caused by 11.3. I assumed it was normal.
I'm not saying it's caused by v11.3. It's obviously a bug, according to my testing it happens only when driving law enforcement vehicles.
Ordinary cars seemed to be okay.

11. Well, is it possible to make some or all of law enforcement vehicles repairable by car shops?
It would be great to repair for instance SWAT Van or FBI car. It's not necessary clear wanted level as it's done in case of ordinary cars, just make a repair. Also, Cranes refuse to load these cars onto trailers.
Well, it's another propose after all.

Edit: cranes do load those cars onto trailers
Last edited by Jozodezokokotar on 01 Mar 2010, 23:57, edited 1 time in total.
Gustavob
Immortal
GH nick: Gustavob
|Gustavob|

Post by Gustavob »

"Normal" cars seem to only get interference/static but not that sound that gets with higher pitch everytime, like in the cop cars. Weird.
You just lost the game.
Sektor
Boss
Boss
GH nick: Sektor

Post by Sektor »

The emergency vehicles would have different radios to most other vehicles, so their radio could sound different in tunnels but it shouldn't sound like that. I checked and v10.3 doesn't seem to have that bug. It might have been added by Rockstar when they modified GTA2 to play the music from the hard drive. I haven't tested the original 9.6 to see if the bug is there.

Change the byte at location 0xCB2C9 from EB to 74 and that should make the game center the 640x480 menu instead of only using the top left corner or you could set the resolution to 640x480 since a higher resolution just stretches in GTA2 anyway. It was 74 originally but siwu (siwuzzz@gmail.com) changed it to EB since he said the game only ran at 640x480 for him without that patch but maybe he just meant the menu.

If you are using an LCD, your display settings might be set to stretch to a higher resolution, so you won't even notice that it's 640x480.
Jozodezokokotar
Mugger
Mugger

Sektor wrote:...
Change the byte at location 0xCB2C9 from EB to 74 and that should make the game center
Thanks, it works.

I found a workaround to the sound issue! It's caused by RADIO_AM_NOISE sound in bil.raw, ste.raw & wil.raw. Clearing the sound (setting sound file to zero) using GTA WAVE will solve the problem. Maybe Vike could solve it in exe, knowing this.
Vike the Hube
Hitman
Hitman
GH nick: vike

Post by Vike the Hube »

Jozodezokokotar wrote: I found a workaround to the sound issue! It's caused by RADIO_AM_NOISE sound in bil.raw, ste.raw & wil.raw. Clearing the sound (setting sound file to zero) using GTA WAVE will solve the problem. Maybe Vike could solve it in exe, knowing this.
Nice job! I can probably fix that in the exe fairly easily.
Jozodezokokotar wrote: 11. Well, is it possible to make some or all of law enforcement vehicles repairable by car shops?
It would be great to repair for instance SWAT Van or FBI car. It's not necessary clear wanted level as it's done in case of ordinary cars, just make a repair.
It's probably easy for me to do game-wide, but some maps/map makers probably don't want it. It's another change that really needs to be a script command which makes it hard. But if you're making a map that needs it, I can probably make a modified exe fairly easily, it will just happen to all maps :P
Jozodezokokotar wrote: 10. In GTA2, audio RAW files (bil.raw, ste.raw,..) will not be loaded if they exceed 6,100,000 bytes. I found this when I was playing with GTA WAVE editor. I replaced few sounds in bil.raw with bigger ones and the game wont play anything from bil.raw. Almost complete silence. I was just curious, is there a way to increase this limit? To give us more freedom once selecting custom raw & std files will be possible.
I'll look into it. Sometimes, it's just one number changed. Sometimes, it's a royal pain in the ass :P

Resolution issue:
I think the reason the fix was included (I didn't write it) was twofold:
[*] Some monitors (mine included) won't display certain resolutions, e.g. the 640x480 of the menu system, so forcing it to the game res fixes it.
[*] When running in windowed mode in 9.6f, the window centres in the screen at 640x480, then (if you're using a higher res) resizes itself and doesn't recentre- meaning if it's big enough the bottom right hand side shoots off your screen.
I'll sort this out in the next beta.
Jozodezokokotar
Mugger
Mugger

Vike the Hube wrote:
Jozodezokokotar wrote: 11. Well, is it possible to make some or all of law enforcement vehicles repairable by car shops?
It would be great to repair for instance SWAT Van or FBI car. It's not necessary clear wanted level as it's done in case of ordinary cars, just make a repair.
It's probably easy for me to do game-wide, but some maps/map makers probably don't want it. It's another change that really needs to be a script command which makes it hard. But if you're making a map that needs it, I can probably make a modified exe fairly easily, it will just happen to all maps :P
So, how about making this user-defined option in *.MMP?
Map makers may (or may not) enable it. By default it will be disabled (no defining entry found in *.MMP).
Similar approach can be chosen for editing car machine guns, car mines & respray prices (Ad 4.)
This way new improvements & changes added to the game will not be global. Used only by (experienced) mapmakers to balance their creations.
For example by adding "BalancedCarshopCost & RepairableEmergencyCars" to *.mmp file.
Since it requires to edit text (edit cost), map makers will use custom GXT files more frequently. :)
Vike the Hube
Hitman
Hitman

Post by Vike the Hube »

Jozodezokokotar wrote: So, how about making this user-defined option in *.MMP?
Of course :D I'll just need to make sure that mmp files are equal then. That shouldn't be that hard.
Razor
Lunatic
Lunatic
GH nick: Razor, R

Post by Razor »

I would like to see that command:

Code: Select all

HAS_CHAR_KILLIED_BY (victim, killer)
it would be grat command, so many new options.
Sektor
Boss
Boss

Post by Sektor »

Added v11.3 beta 6 to first post:

Main differences are more cars on the roads and less desync.

11.3beta06 2010-03-14:
- Fixed an interesting sync bug: if you ran vista, with more than 390 mmp files, then buses would not behave correctly causing a desync.

11.3beta05 2010-03-12:
- Decreased the default density of cars/peds from 500 to 400. This seems to make the car density on roads like it used to be, at least in one player. Hopefully this resolves car-starving without introducing traffic jams like beta 4.

11.3beta4 2010-02-26:
- Increased the "ped" car limit from 15 to 127. This means car-starving should be reduced or gone, but some roads may be busier. Tell me if you disagree.
Razor
Lunatic
Lunatic

Post by Razor »

11.3beta06 2010-03-14:
- Fixed an interesting sync bug: if you ran vista, with more than 390 mmp files, then buses would not behave correctly causing a desync.
lol?
Sektor
Boss
Boss

Post by Sektor »

It was a funny bug. Peds could enter buses but they couldn't get out. On Vike's system, the peds would get out but on mine, the bus doors would open and no one would hop off. This caused the game to go out of sync shortly afterwards since the peds wouldn't match up and it sent the world into chaos. If none of the players ever saw a bus then it was fine.

I believe Vike's MMP fix caused the peds to lose their memory and forget how to get off a bus :P
Vike the Hube
Hitman
Hitman

Post by Vike the Hube »

Sektor wrote:I believe Vike's MMP fix caused the peds to lose their memory and forget how to get off a bus :P
Disturbingly accurate description :lol:
Razor
Lunatic
Lunatic

Post by Razor »

hi vike could you improve the free look camera in debug keys? I mean add custom speed of that camera adjusted to events like: running ped, flying rocket etc. :D It would be great to make effects to gta2 movies :>
Lantyz
Psycho
Psycho
GH nick: Lantyz

Post by Lantyz »

Sektor wrote: 11.3beta05 2010-03-12:
- Decreased the default density of cars/peds from 500 to 400. This seems to make the car density on roads like it used to be, at least in one player. Hopefully this resolves car-starving without introducing traffic jams like beta 4.

11.3beta4 2010-02-26:
- Increased the "ped" car limit from 15 to 127. This means car-starving should be reduced or gone, but some roads may be busier. Tell me if you disagree.
I think this may need some more tweaking. Roads in areas with density 600 suffered from very heavy traffic, while roads with density 300 were practically deserted. This was in singleplayer; haven't tested multiplayer yet, so I don't know if there is a difference.

70+ cars in singleplayer Downtown
Gustavob
Immortal
|Gustavob|

Post by Gustavob »

can you add a command like this: IF ( IS_OBJECT_ON_BLOCK ( obj_name , X.x , Y.y , Z.z , float_X , float_Y ) )? Would be useful :D
You just lost the game.
Vike the Hube
Hitman
Hitman

Post by Vike the Hube »

Lantyz wrote:I think this may need some more tweaking. Roads in areas with density 600 suffered from very heavy traffic, while roads with density 300 were practically deserted. This was in singleplayer; haven't tested multiplayer yet, so I don't know if there is a difference.

70+ cars in singleplayer Downtown

I see your point. I'll have to see if I can scale the effect of the various density settings, that would probably solve it. I.e. 600 and up -> 500 or so or whatever is appropriate now. Sounds hard but yes needs to be done.
Gustavob wrote: can you add a command like this: IF ( IS_OBJECT_ON_BLOCK ( obj_name , X.x , Y.y , Z.z , float_X , float_Y ) )? Would be useful :D
Most script commands, i.e. modifying/adding/deleting/fixing etc them, are probably out of my reach at the moment... but I'll add it to my list in case I make some progress in that area ;-D
Jozodezokokotar
Mugger
Mugger

Gustavob wrote: can you add a command like this: IF ( IS_OBJECT_ON_BLOCK ( obj_name , X.x , Y.y , Z.z , float_X , float_Y ) )? Would be useful :D
No need to do it,its already in game. Look for LOCATE_CHARACTER_ANY_MEANS command or IS_CAR_IN_BLOCK and similar ones. see GTA2 scripting.doc
Gustavob
Immortal
|Gustavob|

Post by Gustavob »

Yeah but I meant to check OBJ_DATA objects, eg the FOOTY football or the BENCH
You just lost the game.