GTA 1 Resurrection

Anything to do with GTA1/GTA2 modding (tools, scripts and more).
Razor9
Ped
Ped

GTA 1 Resurrection

Post by Razor9 »

Hi,

All I want to know is your opinion about my idea. I decided to make "GTA 1 Resurrection Patch". The main goal is to make GTA 1 a little bit fresher.
What would this patch contains? I've decided to:

* Replace old sprites with new ones - I mean the vast majority of graphics such as: HUD, weapon boxes, trees, telephone boxes and much more.

* New textures - brand-new or original but edited textures. It would make old well-known cities a little bit different.

* Characters from GTA3,VC and SA - remapped characters look like these from 3D versions in each GTA 1 city.

* Brand-new radio stations - 10 completely different radio stations with various music styles like: rap, electronica, punk, pop, etc.

* Entirely new vehicles - only the best rated vehicles created for GTA1. Few also inspired by 3D series e.g. BMX in San Andreas instead sh*tty white motorbike ;-)

Maybe I forgot about something and I also waiting for your propositions smile.gif

I tried to add some high quality textures into game, but tiles are only 64x64 px, so after running the game in every available resolution they look really crappy :?

I'm waiting for your responses. Do you wanna play with this patch in GTA 1? Is it in your opinion worth to make this kind of patch for 15-years-old game?

Greets,
Razor9
BenMillard
Immortal
GH nick: BenMillard

Re: GTA 1 Resurrection

Post by BenMillard »

Realistically, this will take you about 15 years and be played by about 15 people.

Have you ever modded GTA1 or GTA2 before?
Pyro
Immortal
GH nick: Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Unfortunately Ben is right. People come along wanting to make massive changes to the game (GTA1 and GTA2), do a small bit then give up and this especially true with a single person doing it like yourself.

Have a look at the various maps on GTA-MP and you'll see they are pretty much all small, multiplayer maps. While a lot of them are the boring deathmatch/rocket only type there are others such as team games, multiplayer missions and the likes.
BenMillard
Immortal

Post by BenMillard »

If you have texturing skill, especially with pixel-precise work, that could be really useful to us.

In fact, if you list all your relevant GTA modding skills, I'm sure there are ways you could contribute in a worthwhile way. Being able to learn new stuff helps, too.

Take a look at GTA Anywhere Stories by AssainGuy for some encouragement. Lots of enthusiasm, being open to advice and spending lots of time doing the actual work produces big improvements. And it happens in a sensible amount of time - just a matter of months.
AssainGuy
Hitman
Hitman
GH nick: AssainGuy

Post by AssainGuy »

It IS possible, I can make it, but right now I'm working on my Anywhere City Stories map pack, as Ben mentioned. GTA1 maps have already been converted for GTA2 (i don't remember who did it grats), i can install new hud, menu, radios, skins, and other stuff. But I'm busy right now with my own stuff.
i come here sometimes
Software Development / Audio Engineering
ZetaRidge
Ped
Ped
GH nick: ZR95

Post by ZetaRidge »

Razor9 wrote:Hi,

All I want to know is your opinion about my idea. I decided to make "GTA 1 Resurrection Patch". The main goal is to make GTA 1 a little bit fresher.
What would this patch contains? I've decided to:

* Replace old sprites with new ones - I mean the vast majority of graphics such as: HUD, weapon boxes, trees, telephone boxes and much more.

* New textures - brand-new or original but edited textures. It would make old well-known cities a little bit different.

* Characters from GTA3,VC and SA - remapped characters look like these from 3D versions in each GTA 1 city.

* Brand-new radio stations - 10 completely different radio stations with various music styles like: rap, electronica, punk, pop, etc.

* Entirely new vehicles - only the best rated vehicles created for GTA1. Few also inspired by 3D series e.g. BMX in San Andreas instead sh*tty white motorbike ;-)

Maybe I forgot about something and I also waiting for your propositions smile.gif

I tried to add some high quality textures into game, but tiles are only 64x64 px, so after running the game in every available resolution they look really crappy :?

I'm waiting for your responses. Do you wanna play with this patch in GTA 1? Is it in your opinion worth to make this kind of patch for 15-years-old game?

Greets,
Razor9
Sadly though, this would take a very long time just to "re-make" Grand Theft Auto 1. Ben's right. :(
BenMillard
Immortal

Post by BenMillard »

Wait...what just happened?! :shock:
Gustavob
Immortal
GH nick: Gustavob
|Gustavob|

Post by Gustavob »

BenMillard wrote:Wait...what just happened?! :shock:
This topic has just been awakened after two months.
You just lost the game.