nyc.gci Support in CFG Studio 2

Anything to do with GTA1/GTA2 modding (tools, scripts and more).
BenMillard
Immortal
GH nick: BenMillard

nyc.gci Support in CFG Studio 2

Post by BenMillard »

A mere 12 years after this game was released, you can now edit it with a spreadsheet interface! :P

This screenshot is of a different format, since they end up looking much the same as each other. It also shows some features which I wanted to make but never implemented; they might be completed in the future.

The main delay was nobody could understand how the handling worked, so nobody could make mods with new handling. Recently I've made a number of discoveries which I plan to document in more detail over time.

This release also completes and enables the View > Sort By menu. This feature is risky because some formats contain data which must follow the order it was in originally. However, some files let you move things around and that can help when you are working on bigger projects. (nyc.gci is one of the formats which allows any order.)

Download CFG Studio 2!

No Support for GTA4 & GTA5
R* abandoned any sense of inspiration and innovation years ago so I've no interest in buying their games. Especially since the stuff us fans make for a 12-year-old game is more original than what they put into their latest and greatest titles!

Seriously, at least set the game somewhere they didn't visit back in GTA1. Near-future Tokyo? That would be worth seeing, imho.