The .mmp file standard

Anything to do with GTA1/GTA2 modding (tools, scripts and more).
elypter
Immortal
GH nick: elypter

Re: The .mmp file standard

Post by elypter »

the test map isn't actually tiny tiny town but a big test area that i added to the original tiny tiny town. i just didn't delete the original one to have a small city environment for testing too. the values in the .mmp file are still the ones from the original map. i forgot to update them.

That's how i thought it:
maparea: the area that should be screen shotted. and also coordinates for edge repetition. (nice feature idea btw)
playarea: the area where you can run or drive around or be shot by a rocket. (also screenshot)

on most maps the map area is just a bit larger than the play area. But there are some map makers that write their names on the map eg: bernaar's race or cut an arena map out of a bigger map but keep a relatively large area eg: multislayer cage.
Playarea could be used for sorting by map size or as an alternative screenshot area if you want an image that shows the place of action more detailed.

Writing this post i rethought the values of the playarea of the original tiny tiny town. They should be about as big as the map area.

I hope this doesn't make it too complicated. If you would like another approach just tell.
yur sa'nok ngeyä
T.M.
Immortal

Post by T.M. »

Thats pretty much what i was thinking too. I'll paste from my topic what i wrote anyways:

MapArea (and PlayArea) takes "x1 y1 x2 y2" values determining the rectangle where your map stands on the 256x256 area. It will tell the editor to repeat the edges of the map, just like it does on the 256x256 size map in GTA2 by default, but this is done to any size map now, so you dont need to repeat the edges on your own!

PlayArea is used to save the screenshot information, this can be useful if you use one map area for multiple different maps, and you want to save screenshot only from that area where each of the maps are played on. For example, this PlayArea information could be used to show only a specific rectangle of the minimap next to the dowload link (so you could actually see the actual map this way, instead of tiny image of the minimap...)
elypter
Immortal

Post by elypter »

Added:
-variable Images
-variable text_speed (unsure)
-General Policy
-Multilanguage
-Areas
-Packaging
-Implicit Values
Expanded:
-description for RAWFile
yur sa'nok ngeyä
elypter
Immortal

Post by elypter »

Added:
variable Weapons
;list of all occuring weapons and items seperated by ","

first i thought i could add the weapons to the tags. so eg: a rocket arena would have the tags "arena" and "rocket". but for maps with three or more weapons this would be kinda stupid and its also not possible to say if a specific weapon/item is excluded.
yur sa'nok ngeyä
T.M.
Immortal

Post by T.M. »

I think thats useless, since the long desc, or even the short description already tells what kind of map it is.
elypter
Immortal

Post by elypter »

i meant it for filtering and sorting. Imagine you want to search for maps with molotov coctails or only maps without electrogun.
yur sa'nok ngeyä
T.M.
Immortal

Post by T.M. »

Very rare amount of people will bother using that tag or even updating it while they update their maps... its better to do such searches by .mis file
elypter
Immortal

Post by elypter »

i changed GTAVersion to GTA2Version
yur sa'nok ngeyä
petr0
Mugger
Mugger
GH nick: petr0

Post by petr0 »

GCI File - custom car handling
Is this available already?
Gustavob
Immortal
GH nick: Gustavob
|Gustavob|

Post by Gustavob »

Yes IIRC you can use GCIFile and GXTFile in .mmp files since 11.3x, not sure what version it was exactly
You just lost the game.
petr0
Mugger
Mugger
GH nick: petr0

Post by petr0 »

Awesome! So I can boost my favorite trukcabs without spoiling the default nyc.gci :mrgreen:
Thanks for fast answer.
Sektor
Boss
Boss
GH nick: Sektor

Post by Sektor »

Just be aware that the "Play alone" button in GH starts GTA2 in singleplayer mode, so GTA2 won't see the custom GCIFile or GXTFile that's in the MMP file. GTA2 will fail to start if the custom GXTFile is a different language to what GTA2 is currently set to.
elypter
Immortal

Post by elypter »

chages:
changed Update to UpdateUrl
changed Date to UpDate and added CreaDate
added Wantedlevel
showed which is displayed by http://gta2dare.omnitude.net/maplist/list.php
yur sa'nok ngeyä
elypter
Immortal

Post by elypter »

i added "Video"
you can see an example here: http://gta2dare.omnitude.net/maplist/li ... ode=substr

removed
"Deprecated"
yur sa'nok ngeyä
elypter
Immortal

Post by elypter »

turned Update into Fetch
turned Videos into Video
changed the notation for multiple entries ( var[]=val1 instead of var=val1|val2 )
yur sa'nok ngeyä