SCR to MIS tool?

Anything to do with GTA1/GTA2 modding (tools, scripts and more).
Devastator
Hitman
Hitman

SCR to MIS tool?

Post by Devastator »

I've been renaming files with the Epic GTA2 Map Editor to trick it into giving me the scripts for the original levels, but I quickly realized these don't contain the mission data themselves, which is what I want & need to learn more through experimentation. I moved the SCR files I wanted from the respective wil/ste/bil folders & renamed them downtown-6p, res-6p, & Industrial-6p to trick the editor into decompiling them for me, but unlike the wil, ste & bil SCRs the editor wouldn't read & decompile them. Has anyone developed a tool to convert SCR files into .MIS files? I haven't been able to figure out any other way to do it other than with the epic map editor.
T.M.
Immortal

Re: SCR to MIS tool?

Post by T.M. »

Epic GTA2 Map Editor already contains a tool to convert any SCR file to MIS:
Tools -> Decompile SCR to MIS

I dont remember how it works, but if there is same named folder as the SCR file is, then it tries to decompile all the SCR files from that folder also.

Note that the decompiler is not fully functional, logical operations are not decompiled.
Devastator
Hitman
Hitman

Post by Devastator »

Yeah that's what I was using but I don't think I was able to get it to successfully work with the mission related SCRs, probably because they're SCRs within SCRs. I'll have to try again but I think that was the program I tried it with.
T.M.
Immortal

Post by T.M. »

You could send me the SCR files and i can take a look.
Devastator
Hitman
Hitman

Post by Devastator »

Thank you! I'll be sure to study these, I feel like I've been hitting a road back lately what with some of my loops crashing the game, I appreciate it.
elypter
Immortal
GH nick: elypter

Post by elypter »

some of the maps however occasionally crash the game too and most of the time i dont know why. gta2 isnt completely bug free either. if you havent already you should also check out this thread: http://gtamp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=249
yur sa'nok ngeyä