GTA V Heists!

Talk about any other games here
Sektor
Boss
Boss
GH nick: Sektor

GTA V Heists!

Post by Sektor »

Heists are finally out for 360/PS3/XBO/PS4.  GTA V was released on 360/PS3, 539 days ago. Better late than never.

I've only played the first two, "The Fleeca Job" and "The Prison Break". When they work and you have a good crew, the heists are fun.

If anyone dies or any objective is failed then you have to start again, that's not too bad since you can retry faster than the initial attempt and there's at least one checkpoint for most missions. Too bad if someone is in a role that they are no good at since you can't change their role on the restart screen. If anyone quits or gets disconnected then instead of allowing you to play on or go back to the lobby with the remaining players, it just kicks everyone back to free roam, often on different servers.

I am really sick of loading screens. Heists are plagued with the dreaded unskippable cutscenes, maybe they will go away when everyone has finished them but it's annoying at the moment.

Despite my complaints, I am enjoying it and I will keep playing and finish all the heists, if I can find some persistent crew members.

I'm still playing on 360 but from what I've read, all of the above problems also apply to XBO/PS4 and they have their own share of problems.
Pyro
Immortal
GH nick: Pyro

Re: GTA V Heists!

Post by Pyro »

And here I am still waiting for the PC version... At least I have it pre-ordered on Steam now.

I just know it'll be a mess on PC multiplayer when it first comes out but the single player will last long enough anyway.
Sektor
Boss
Boss

Post by Sektor »

Now finished "The Humane Labs Raid" and "Series-A Funding". Great fun when you have a team but there are still glitches that freeze the lobby or prevent invited players from joining first try. Randoms will give up but we finally managed it with players on our friend lists. We got stuck on the trash truck mission longer than any other mission so far, it's brutal with lack of checkpoints and we are too stubborn to play it on anything other than hard.
BenMillard
Immortal
GH nick: BenMillard

Post by BenMillard »

Sektor wrote: When they work and you have a good crew, the heists are fun.
This.

Sadly I missed the one setup which unlocks the Hydra! Nobody seems to host this one! Struggling to find 4th member at the moment. Got a pool of about 10 people who are great players, with mics or fast typing.

I've joined so many other people. Might have to organise this outside of the game, set a time, and gather like a mini event.
Sektor
Boss
Boss

Post by Sektor »

I just finished the last Pacific heist. We only got the minimum amount of cash but it was a great ride. I've completed all the heists and setups on hard but I wasn't the leader and I didn't do them in order. I own the Hydra but I suck at flying it.