Post by Pyro »

Here's the official GTA V trailer for you all in case you missed it:

8-)
BenMillard
Immortal
GH nick: BenMillard

Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer

Post by BenMillard »

GTA5 seems like a remake of GTA: Vice City aka crime in sunny climate. GTA4 seemed like a remake of GTA3. Each of those is a remake of ~1/3 the original Grand Theft Auto.

There's no point buying modern GTA games; they're just going over and over the same old ground. What a sell-out this series has become. After Vice City one of the producers was quoted as saying "the next GTA will not just be the last one plus 10%". And yet... :cry:

I guess GTA7 will be the remake of GTA2 we all want? Near-future Tokyo, something new, R*!
elypter
Immortal
GH nick: elypter

Post by elypter »

i don't have anything against remakes but they should be at least 20% cooler ;)
we'll see if it is more than just grafical sugar cubes.
yur sa'nok ngeyä
Cuban-Pete
Immortal
GH nick: Cuban-Pete

Post by Cuban-Pete »

Looks good to me. New graphics, new story, new cars, new goodies (car-roof that can go open), new environment... :mrgreen:

And of course the jokes:
aim.jpg
aim.jpg (54.5 KiB) Viewed 25955 times
"Mmmm, your eyes are so beautiful."
BenMillard
Immortal

Post by BenMillard »

GTA5 is going to be in San Andreas; so they are skipping Vice City. With such a big landscape and 3 main characters, it's sure to carry an element of GTAVC.

I've just oogled the huge set of GTA5 screenshots on R* website. And I have to say...finally I'm interested in a remake of an exist 3D GTA game. A few of my favourites:

Yes, it's basically a remake of GTASA and I really, really am disappointed by that. Quad bikes, parachutes and jet fighters...we did that in 2005. GTASA was so epic, the new eye candy is so delicious and the new characters so deranged...

...I'm excited about a new GTA!

I guess a 12-core CPU, 16GB RAM and a GTX 780 graphics card with the game running off a set of RAID SSDs will probably be needed to run it on PC. And the PC release will be, what 1 year after consoles to actually be playable?

Oh well. Bring on Spring 2015 [Summer 2014]!
Cuban-Pete
Immortal

Post by Cuban-Pete »

Ah yes, and then I will wait another year so it's 75% off on steam and by that time I might have a brand new spanking PC by the money I have saved on waiting for a sale. Sounds like a solid plan.
Drury
Mugger
Mugger
GH nick: Drury

Post by Drury »

New trailer

BenMillard
Immortal

Post by BenMillard »

YEAH!!

Now that's GTA.
Pyro
Immortal
GH nick: Pyro

Post by Pyro »

I just hope it doesn't suffer the same fate as GTA IV did when it got ported to PC from console. Took them fudge knows how long to fix the big problems like memory leaks etc but we'll see. Of course, I guess they have to announce a PC version first :P
BenMillard
Immortal

Post by BenMillard »

The long GTA5 official trailer from YouTube is now being shown on TV here in the UK. I saw it in the middle of a FIFA World Cup qualifier match between England and Moldova.

Who is getting it?

I've already considered buying a cheap 2nd hand PS3 for GT5 and GT6. Now we know GTA5 will be on it as well and it would only need to last a year for the PS4 to have dropped to a reasonable price, hopefully.

Either that or I'll spend ~£1,500 on a gaming laptop in Summer/Autumn 2014 for the PC version of GTA. Mouse aiming is so much nicer than dual-shock aiming, imho. That means skipping Gran Turismo and cycling with an even heavier computer when I'm working away from home.

Decisions, decisions...
Cuban-Pete
Immortal

Post by Cuban-Pete »

Nice new trailer is that. Makes me wanna buy the game, but I can wait. :)