Xegethra Youtube channel closed

Talk about anything here that isn't related to the other topics.
B-$hep
Immortal
GH nick: B-Shep

Xegethra Youtube channel closed

Post by B-$hep »

On gtaforums there was (is) user called Xegethra, he also commented in many of my topics in there. I subscribed to his Youtube channel long time ago.
So i don't remember what videos he had in there. But today i was looking my subscriptions and saw that he's profile pic was set to YT default and when i clicked on his username:

Youtube said that:
http://www.youtube.com/user/xegethra

It may sound stupid but i never thought that Take2 or anybody from R* would watch or spy the channels of GTA2 players, modders and lovers for any copyright or other reasons.

But actually they do this.
And now im a bit afraid.

Maybe i should include something like: GTA2 is registered TM of R*, Take2, etc?

I have lot's of stuff actually related to GTA2: Even the name: GTA2 mentioned many times.
And some videos with live GTA2 audio.

I don't know what to say anymore.

I don't want it to be closed, i always had used the original content and audio from Audioswap or other royalty free audio, my vids and content is all my own, my account is in good standing, YT allows me upload longer vids, etc.

Im very afraid, to be honest.
Always wear safety glasses while programming.
elypter
Immortal
GH nick: elypter

Re: Xegethra Youtube channel closed

Post by elypter »

youtube is a whore!
they ban people for nothing. copyright owners can do everything what they want and i think most of that blocking, banning and accusing is done by scripts. fortunately that doesn't apply to the rest of the web. upload videos on other platforms and you're safe or at least a lot safer. vimeo for example is great.
yur sa'nok ngeyä
Gustavob
Immortal
GH nick: Gustavob
|Gustavob|

Post by Gustavob »

Don't forget he also had videos about another games as well from what I remember
You just lost the game.
B-$hep
Immortal
GH nick: B-Shep

Post by B-$hep »

But i don't understand why close account?
Because of game audio? Or because of music?
If account was closed just because of videos about the GTA2 or whatever he had there, then it doesn't make any sense. There are alot of GTA2, GTA3, Vice etc mission guide accounts and videos. Why they still work?!

I just don't remember what videos xegethra had there, but yes i remember a little about other vids also.
Always wear safety glasses while programming.
elypter
Immortal
GH nick: elypter

Post by elypter »

often this doesnt have anything to do with logic. i bet he doesnt even know why he was kicked himself.
yur sa'nok ngeyä
Cuban-Pete
Immortal
GH nick: Cuban-Pete

Post by Cuban-Pete »

perhaps he used songs for 100% like in gta2 and the auto-script from youtube found it. he did not change the copyright notice under the video (perhaps unused account?) and than youtube kicks the account?
"Mmmm, your eyes are so beautiful."
JernejL
Hitman
Hitman
GH nick: RedShirt

Post by JernejL »

elypter wrote:youtube is a whore!
they ban people for nothing. copyright owners can do everything what they want and i think most of that blocking, banning and accusing is done by scripts. fortunately that doesn't apply to the rest of the web.

It's called DMCA, they are playing it safe and terminate account after enough complaints. It isn't youtube's fault, it's the record companies, movie companies and other old organizations like that which cause it.
Gustavob
Immortal
GH nick: Gustavob
|Gustavob|

Post by Gustavob »

that doesn't make it less stupid tbh. deleting an user's account and ALL his videos just because a few of those videos had music that belongs to a record company is just nonsense.
You just lost the game.
JernejL
Hitman
Hitman
GH nick: RedShirt

Post by JernejL »

Gustavob wrote:that doesn't make it less stupid tbh. deleting an user's account and ALL his videos just because a few of those videos had music that belongs to a record company is just nonsense.

So is forclosuring on people's homes - it's called business.
Salamander
Janitor
Janitor
GH nick: Salamander
KingSalamander
Sally
[00]

Post by Salamander »

I agree with everything said.
B-$hep wrote:Maybe i should include something like: GTA2 is registered TM of R*, Take2, etc?
Won't help. They won't care that you wrote that GTA2 is a registered trademark blabla. Take2 guy sees your videos, he doesn't like them for whatever reason so he reports them. Youtube has to wade through tonnes of shit every day so they spend roughly half a second considering your case. Blocking/terminating accounts is the quickest and safest solution. Worried about losing users? Why would they - every day new YouTube users are born, and the population count is rising. That's the way it works on YouTube, that's the way it works on Facebook, and every other business where you're just a number.

It's after your sphincter has been perforated a few times that you lose the illusion that the net is all about sharing, socializing, freedom, love and joy, and realize that it's just about money. It's all about money, and some monkey in a Take2 suit thinks you might be taking theirs.
Cuban-Pete
Immortal
GH nick: Cuban-Pete

Post by Cuban-Pete »

Yeah, GameHunter is also about the money. Sektor is almost a millionaire. Did you buy that new maybach already, Sektor?

Cheer a little up! :)

//edit. funny signature, btw
"Mmmm, your eyes are so beautiful."