Sektor's DS development siteNews | FlashbackDS | SpoutDS | DiggerDS | dualHexen | CdogsDS
2011-07-30Alekmaul has ported the latest version of REminiscence to DS. It has support for the PC CD SEQ movie files and is faster than previous DS versions.
2007-06-16Get GPF's REminiscenceDS. It's based on newer code and currently has more features than FlashbackDS v0.24. I have mirrored GPF's REminiscenceDS here: DSREminiscence-0.1.9.rar, DSREminiscence-0.1.9SRC.rar
flashbackDS_0.24_bin.7z - NDS binaries - compressed with 7-Zip
flashbackDS_0.24_src.7z - source code
flashback_data_files.7z () - 9MB (includes DOS files, Amiga music, SegaCD speech, English, French and Italian cinematics)
- Sound effects (not great but better than nothing)
- Music plays but it sounds like poop
- Level select. You can scroll through level codes on the password screen. Up/down for skill, left/right for level.
- Resources and music are read from /data/flashback/data/ on a compatible media device
- Saves are stored at /data/flashback/
- DS sleeps when you close the LID (you'll have to pause manually)
- DLDI support
Things that still need to be done by someone:
- Improve sound code
- Stop music from sounding like poop
- Make text easier to read (scaling issue)
- Speed up cut scenes and fix cut scene glitches
- Build a flying car
A Nintendo DS and a compatible DS homebrew device.
How to use:
- Figure out what device you own
- flashbackDS.nds is for GBAMP, MMD and most slot-1 devices like R4, M3 Simply, DS-X, SCOne
- flashbackDS.gba.nds is for most slot-2 devices like SCSD, SCCF, SC Lite microSD, M3SD, M3CF
- If you have a GBAMP, M3CF, SCCF, SCSD or another old device supported by libfat's built-in driver or your flashcart automatically DLDI patches then you don't need to use the DLDI patch. Skip Step 2.
- Download dlditool and the DLDI driver for your device
- Patch flashbackDS.nds or flashbackDS.gba.nds with a DLDI patch for your device
- Copy flashbackDS.nds or flashback.gba.nds to any folder on your card (on DS-X it's best to use the apps folder)
- Copy the flashback data files to X:\data\flashback\data\ (replace X: with the drive letter of your device)
- Launch FlashbackDS and hopefully it will find the required files and begin
d-pad move Conrad
A draw/holster gun
B talk / use / run / shoot
X use the current inventory object
Y display the inventory / skip movies
L display the options
R toggles fast mode
These libs/toolchain were used (thanks to the authors!)
devkitARM_20 and libnds-20070127
- Official REminiscence site
- REminiscence mirror site
- GPF's DS port of REminiscence - Uses SDL. It now plays sound and cutscenes better than my version.
- xFlasH's port of REminiscence This was the first REminiscence port to DS but it's not well known on English sites. It has no sound effects or music. It requires a slot2 device and uses GBFS (data files have to be attached to the .nds). It doesn't use SDL, so cut-scenes are faster than other ports. It uses French language by default. Source code has not been released.
- Another World GBA - This has music and sound. The original author of Another World gave permission for the GBA version to be released.