The February 2009 issue of EDGE reports that the team working on the game is "twice the size" of the one that worked on Vice and Liberty City Stories and they've created something which has "more lines of code" than San Andreas. This seems hard to believe but it's great news if it's true.
Other details included:
- The Satellite navigation system is "identical" to GTA IVs in appearance and functionality.
- Ammunation has gone online! You order weapons with your PDA and they show up at your safehouse.
- You can replay any mission by selecting it from a menu in the safehouse.
- Grenades and molotovs are thrown using the touch screen - you touch one and drag it, with an indicator on the top screen (where the action is) showing you where it's going to land.
- The A button is used to fire weapons.
- One minigame involves assembling all of the parts of a sniper rifle with the touch screen, before using it to assassinate a designated target.
- Another touch-sensitive mini-game will be paying bridge tolls - you push the coin into the slot to get through the barrier.
- While some might perceive them to be gimmicky, EDGE describes the mini games as being "short" and "smoothly integrated".
Most importantly though, the magazine mentions that the game is "already complete" and final bug testing is taking place. You'll be able to get your hands on the game in mid-March.
Thanks to GTAGaming.com for the news.